Wow, strings make a huge difference!

Updated
Emine

I bought a new E-ii Eclipse DB last year and for a while, only used the string type it shipped with (Elixir Nanoweb Light). It sounded ok but thought since these were the standard (and pricey) and it's what it shipped with, but was never happy with the sound and blamed it on the EMG 81's which have ppl divided on sound quality. I wasn't getting the "accurate, tight" high gain sound I was hoping to from my new guitar. Before going as far as trying new pickups, I decided to swap the strings with the much cheaper set of D'addario strings I use for my older guitar.... and wow huge difference! I was getting the tight, articulate, crisp chugs and right amount of sizzle that was missing from before. This is the sound I was imagining  my guitar should sound like!

If any of you are experiencing something similar, try swapping out the Elixir's with something else. Perhaps is the coating that's on the strings that affect the way pickups respond. To be specific, the strings I switched to: 

D'Addario EXL125 Nickel Wound Electric Guitar Strings, Super Light Top/ Regular Bottom, 9-46, They are about half the price of the Nanoweb's

BOOGIEMAN

Nothing beats a fresh set of strings...

Post to Thread