Could this E2 horizon FR be right for me?

Updated
Jeremy D.

What I want in a locking trem guitar:

- Quality components

- Fast neck

- Weight ~ 7.5 lbs, anything heavier tends to cause shoulder pain

- If heavier, must be less than 8 lbs and well-balanced

- Must be bought at a great deal, and must hold its value so I can resell it if I don't like it

- Comfortable to play while standing in case I actually start playing open mics and gigs in the future

I know the forum cannot predict how much people would be willing to pay for my guitar in the future, but does this guitar look like it would fulfill all the other requirements?

Right now I'm playing an Ibanez S670. It's thin and VERY comfortable to play, it's 6.3 lbs, I can whip it around while standing and playing during a song, it doesn't cause shoulder ache like my PRS Custom 24 SE used to before I sold it (that was 8.2 lbs) but this guitar doesn't seem to quite have the quality and design of an ESP horizon. I play with a very thick gel-padded strap and I stand up straight, good posture and the guitar is adjusted to the right height. The weight and balancing are the only things left that I have to watch out for, in order to be able to play standing without bad shoulder ache within an hour.

Does anyone here own one of these? I think this one's an '03 but I would think others are comparable. Do you like yours? Fulfills my criteria? Other things I should consider?

The seller is asking $2000 Canadian for the guitar, I haven't tried to negotiate with them yet.

Jeremy D.

Update: someone came by yesterday night and gave him the asking price for the guitar lol, oh well

Post to Thread