Horizon FR-7 Binding discolor

Updated
Horizon FR-7 Binding discolor

I just received my brand new E-II Horizon FR-7 Black Torquoise burst. The guitar was flawless except for an brown spot in the binding on the right horn on the body. It's very easy too see, so its bothering me a bit. It's an expensive instrument and you expect it to be near perfect quality.

The binding looks like bright maple with barely noticable wood textures with clear coat. The brown spot may be from the wood itself.

Should i ask for an new guitar or is this acceptable?

Pushead

I can't quite tell, but I don't think it's a natural binding, I believe it's the normal plastic binding material. I'd at least ask for some money back if they don't let you exchange it.

CountGore

Thanks for the reply.

No It's not the plastic binding, the picture is not so good. But it seems that they just used the guitar body's top wood as binding (maple), I can see the quilted patterns in it. It's just clear painted.

Pushead

Then yeah, it's probably just a small not in the top wood. If it bothers you, you should see if you could exchange the guitar.

Jshannon3

Man it's all about how the guitar plays and sounds, that would be the factor to send it back for me.  I'm all about asking for some money back too.  But man, if the guitar plays and sounds sweet, one minor blemish isn't gonna affect it to much, you must have ordered it off the internet, that's how I got my ESP E2 M2 Urban Camo guitars all three of them, and they were perfect, I was afraid of shipping snafus and factory blemishes, but I got lucky.  That kind of mark stands out pretty good, If it bothers you to much send it back, have em' ship you a new one, but like I said the next guitar may not feel like this one, if this one feels right to you???

CountGore

Yeah well sad. The guitar is perfect in every way, except the wood blemish. But it seems that the blemish is an small knot in the wood. So it isn't really a blemish If I think about it. I overeacted a bit, the guitar looks and plays very nice, and the knot is making the guitar uinque aswell. So after thinking about it I will not ask for an refund or a new one. Thanks for the reply.

Post to Thread