its my Esp Eclipse II Real or fake? Help

Updated
Alvaro O.

Hi. Sorry, my English is not so good. Yesterday. I bought a Esp Eclipse II in my country Chile. and I would like to know if it is legitimate. At least I saw her from view for some details, and she seemed legitimate to me. Consider that the person from whom you bought it was not the only owner. Maybe I went through several people before and they may have made modifications. Maybe some photos don't look very clear. If so, let me know and take better photos. It would help me a lot to know your opinion. and can you teach me to recognize it. Thank you.

Pushead

It is legit. A 2006 model.

Alvaro O.

Thanks for the answer. Regards

Jshannon3

How much did you pay for that Eclipse?

Alvaro O.

I gave my LTD EC1000 Deluxe in part payment. and apart I gave in money about 638 dollars.

Jshannon3

You got a pretty good deal, seeing that a comparable Eclipse Black Satin E2 would run you about 1899.99+tax, and you even got an ESP Standard, probably a better guitar than the E2 and worth a little bit more, and the guitar appears to be in good shape.  How does it play?  A 2006 model too, according to the above, doesn't look like it has any wear at all?  How are the frets?  Are they showing signs of wear?  It appears you scored my friend!

Alvaro O.

I have attached photos that I just took to the frets

Jshannon3

I'm looking at the ESP 2006 catalog and they have an exact picture of your guitar in it.  It's an Eclipse II VB, it lists all the specs for it, you can check it out, it's on this website under support, product archives, you can download the 2006 catalog.  FYI

Jshannon3

Those frets have hardly any wear on them.  They still have good shape to them.  You must have got the guitar from someone who didn't play much, or was a beginner and didn't know what he had and given up playing.  I was looking at the pics above it appears that the guitar still had its factory wrapping on the battery and electronics, you're probably due for a fresh battery.  Replace the battery with a good 9 volt alkaline battery, a Procell 9 volt if you can get one. Their about 5 dollars.   It appears that it still has it's factory EMG 81/60 pickups.  I don't think anybody has modified the guitar, hell, I don't think that guitar has been used much, you my friend have found a gem!

Alvaro O.

Friend, very grateful for your analysis. if I still haven't been able to play it a lot because I have little time. but I try to buy new strings and new 9v battery, and try to calibrate it a bit. Thank you very much for your tips. reggards from Chile

Jshannon3

• Cool man, enjoy your new toy,  I hope it brings you years of musical tones!

Post to Thread