E-II, Original or US ?

Updated
E-II, Original or US ?

HI everyone,

I’d like to buy a « real » M shape ESP, but I want to have some owners advices, especially about E-II ? it is an upgrade LTD, or the price is really justify ?

Thank you ! 

Pushead

Unfortunately, only you would be able to make that decision if the difference in quality is worth it to you.

I notice a difference between a 1000 level LTD and an E-II, and am willing to pay the extra money for the E-II name.

Jshannon3

Dude I just bought 2 ESP E2 M2 Urban Camos, and now mind you, I’ve been an Ibanez prestige player for 20 years, and these two ESP’s blew me away.  I sold all my ibanez guitars to buy a second ESP.  The quality and craftsmanship of the ESPs was superb, and the tone coming out of the active EMG 81 pickups was stellar.  I know about the E2s being branded for the old ESP standards, but I think their still making a hell of a guitar what ever they rebranded to.  I can’t find any flaws on my two guitars, I went over both of them with a microscopic eye trying to find a mistake and couldn’t find anything.  The only thing I could see was ones paint job was a little darker (greys and black) than the other.  I own an LTD MH330FMFR and man these 2 ESPs run circles around it, sound and playability.  So if your gonna buy something for the E2 name, just remember, make sure  it still has ESP on the 12th fret inlay.  Then you know you got a quality instrument.  At least I have 2 of them!  I know that the E2s are made in the japan factory where the ESP standards used to be made, their built on the same assembly lines, by the same luthiers and machines, keep that in mind.  The quality is still there, just with a different branding(E2).

Quentin

Thanks dude! My choice turns to the E2 M1, simple, classy, just the necessary for heavy stuff !

Post to Thread