ESP Eclipse E II vs. ESP LTD

Updated
ESP Eclipse E II vs. ESP LTD

I am about to order a new guitar, would like any and all opinions on why justify the higher cost of an E-II model, is the E-II that much better than the LTD?

please fire away want all opinions on this, need help justifying the higher price.

MIchael K.

im pretty unhappy with the quality control of the E-II i purchased, my floyd rose bridge had a couple hardware issues (stripped allen key heads, burs on the fine tuner caused issues too), the string alignment is off center which causes issues when combined with the waay too filed down fret edges, stripped screw on the back panal, the inlays all have a ring of glue around them, and now after getting it sent back from having some of those issues repaired by the vendor my neck seems to have developed a crack in it

although this sounds really negative, if the guitar was properly inspected/assembled this would be an incredible insturment because despite those flaws it sounded great and played super nice with low action and no buzz (excluding the problem areas of the fretboard) and the materials used to make it are high quality, i would say your taking a gamble tho and that is a lot of money on the line

Dave R.

I would say Michael's situation is not typical of what you would expect with an E-II instrument. They are great guitars, not disimilar from ESPs previous 'Standard Series'.

MIchael K.

i should mention too the first guitar that showed up at the vendors was damaged in shipping because the case was cut wrong and a wing of the v was rubbing against the hard part of the case so ive had 2 e-ii in a row with issues that should have been easily spotted at the factory so how atypical is my case?? i have plenty of pictures for prove of all this

John L.

Get a E-II! My first ESP guitar was a LTD made in Korea, which was a fine guitar at the time. Several years later I purchased a E-II ARW, which was way better

( workmanship and set-up). I then got a E-II ARW 7 that is another amazing guitar!

John L.

Yash

I ordered an Arrow 7 as well. And, currently, waiting for it to arrive. They told me, 4 months... So, long wait, kinda like waiting for a custom shop, or semi-custom. Are there any issues with your Arrow 7? Or is it, perfect? 

John L.
Yash wrote:

I ordered an Arrow 7 as well. And, currently, waiting for it to arrive. They told me, 4 months... So, long wait, kinda like waiting for a custom shop, or semi-custom. Are there any issues with your Arrow 7? Or is it, perfect? 

I have no issues with my ARW 7. Plays and looks great!

Oliver H.

I have a 1000 series LTD and an E-II, while one is a Viper and the other is an Eclipse (so it isn't an perfect comparison), I would say the E-ii is a significantly better instrument. It really justifies the price difference in playability, tone/resonance (super noticable when playing unplugged), and quality of finish.

Post to Thread