ESP Maverick

Updated
Tess C.

I have a ESP Maverick Snow white that was my late husbands.  It has a floyd rose tremolo, maple neck, SN#003942, Has JAF BOX 2125, New York on the black plate. 24 3/4 frets.  I am not sure when he bought as he had MANY guitars over the years.  I know it is before 1999, because he had it a bit before he passed.  I am trying to find out value and also year etc.. Can anyone help?  

Jakob G.

Hi Tess,

Im sorry to hear about your husband...

Im not 100% sure what year this is but judging by the serial number and the pickups it looks to be a late 80s ('87-) to early 90s. Im pretty sure serial numbers starting in 00 were late 80s. So this might narrow it down to 87-89. They often have a production date hidden somewhere on the guitar. Usually under the pickups or in the neck pocket. Perheps someone else who knows a bit more about this than me can shed some light... 

As for what its worth... these are pretty rare guitars so its hard to find out how much these are selling for in 2022/23. ESPs are exceptionally well built instruments and worth a lot. Its a vintage guitar possibly built in a time that makes an ESP pretty sought after. It looks to be in pretty good condition and all original. I think its probably worth $3000 USD.

Tess C.

Thank you.  I was able to finally get ESP to estimate it is a 1992.  They say they actually don't keep records of older model guitars, which seems kind of dumb to me.   Have you ever sold a guitar online?  Or has anyone else on here sold a guitar online?  If so, can you recommend a website to do so? 

Hocki R.

As far as I know this guitar costs about $213.58 USD

dinosaur game

Post to Thread