ESP 487 std. Info search

Updated
jTm

Ok, sorry four the multiple posts about the same thing but it doesn't seem as though this is a very active forum and I'm hoping someone will see this in a more active area of the forum. So, I've had this ESP since around 1992ish. I can't find any info on it other than it appears to be a 400 series from 1987 ("487"). I haven't even been able to find one with the same pickups (these are active pickups & there's a two way switch installed... Battery is under the pick guard) so I'm not even sure if this one was an original, a custom, or if it was hotrodded by a shop. Anyway, any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated!

jTm

To anyone looking, here's the information I received about my particular guitar from ESP:

"We received some limited information on this guitar.  This model was produced by ESP Germany in the early 90's when there was a direct shop and office in Dusseldorf.  It was a standard model, and not a Custom Shop piece.  ESP Germany would stock necks and bodies built in Japan, then do small runs of production guitars, which is why information on these instruments can be difficult to find.  We do not have specifications available, however the pickups on this instrument should be passive.  The battery and switch is likely for a preamp booster on this model."

In my search, I had heard that the "487" was a 400 series built in 1987. However, this information contradicts this. Also, I recently was looking over this guitar & giving it an overall "tuneup" as it sounded DEAD compared to other guitars I have with passive pickups. Found the battery to be dead. When I plugged in a fresh battery, it REALLY woke up! So, I'm not really sure that these pickups are simply "... passive pickups with a preamp booster". As it was (dead battery), if I had picked up that guitar in a shop & it sounded the way it did, I would never have bought it.  Anyway, for what it's worth.... I hope this helps.

Garret J.

I've been thinking about getting a 7 string with an everyone connects later on. More alternatives is good. I think ESP are the best at making attractive 7 string guitars. 

Post to Thread