ESP the Mirage with OFR

Updated
ESP the Mirage with OFR

I bought this guitar a month ago. Somebody said it was a fake but I highly doubt it. From light research online I dated the serial number to 1995. I am wondering if it is truly an ESP (if so I got a great deal at $350). 

Pushead

We'd need photos to be able to help. But if it's the guitar in your avatar photo, it looks promising.

James P.

I hope the photos I added can help

James P.

James P.

this image of the tremolo concerned me a little bit because of the addition of "original" on the nameplate.

James P.

I am aware that the Seymour Duncan in the bridge position is probably not original but the two single EMG pups are probably so

James P.

I was trying to evaluate it's value off of recent sales but came to the conclusion of around $6-800 by recent sales and condition. I'm not sure this is accurate. I however only paid $350 for it at "out the door" pricing.

Pushead

It's legit. The Floyd is also legit, it's an older model, but no concern.

I'd be suspect of the wiring of the pickups. The passive (SD) stuff doesn't really integrate well with the active stuff because of the resistance of the pickups.

Based on the condition of the used market now-a-days, I think $600 would be about the top for the guitar.

James P.

I'm probably keeping it anyways. I'm thinking of adding a couple of Seymour 1/4" single coils in place of the emgs as I prefer a passive pickup over active anyways.

James P.

I am however looking at an MII active guitar for sale locally. Seller is asking $700 OBO. I have a mean sounding Charvel Desolation DS-1 Pro Stock neck through that I got super cheap as well.

Hassle

Great find, congrats

Cho Y.

i want to buy one! 

how much is it?

Post to Thread