Esp custom shop info

Updated
Dartagnan S.

hi all,

looking for someone to help me find more info on my custom shop. I bought it off reverb second hand and just quietly its magnificent. No specs were given or the model although they advertised it as a mirage, looks like an m-III. I expect its an alder body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard.

Pushead

It's a 2015 model, going by the serial number. It's somewhat surprising that they're still using that form of the serial number and not the current style, but there were a lot of changes between 2014 and 2015, so I don't think it's anything to worry over.

I don't remember exactly what that body style is called, but it looks to be similar to the new guitars Rob Arnold from The Elite (formerly from Chimaira) is currently using. I think it's a 24.75" scale (in his case) with that style of truss rod adjustment. At one point in the 80s there was the Mirage and the Maverick, the Mirage being a 25.5" and I think the Maverick being the 24.75. I'm not sure if that's still what they would call that today. I think the Mirage became the "M" from the M-II and M-III and the Maverick just went away in the mid to late 90s.

The three knobs seem a bit odd. Have you looked inside the control cavity to see what's going on in there? They're awfully close together, but since it's a custom guitar, perhaps someone ordered it that way.

I think your guesses are probably right in terms of the wood.

The guitar looks great! Congratulations!

jt76

I think the model is called a snapper - they usually have a pick guard, but I have seen examples with no guard.

I think the color is called amber sunburst

Cool guitar -congrats

team b.

i can't play ghita but so cool

Along with the bizarre knob placement, the neck plate looks like some 3D printed or poorly CNCed item, and then the neck screws are oddly out of place wrt oxidation and wear.  There was a huge factory consolidation in late 2015, so hard to tell when the Takada plant was shut down.  Maybe an odd transitional unit, but the actual MOP inlay on the headstock is awesome.

Potentially some kind of corporate strife model, with a bunch of externally influenced short term corporate BS decisions that drove the design.  I can't begin to guess at the domestic struggle during that time, but it was probably damn near the late 90s era if not worse.

You looking to sell or in long with some personal nostalgia?

Dartagnan S.

Wow, interesting thoughts! 

Not looking to sell as its a great guitar and one of my favourite. I picked it up from Reverb Japan for around 2k usd but was curious to know more about it as it seems very cheap for an esp custom shop even if second hand. On trying to understand if its fake, i have a few custom shops and top end guitars and this play better than most. Cant really believe it isnt genuine.

Guitar store i bought it from had it placed as 2015.

Post to Thread