Identify The Words On Guitar Strap Japanese Symbols

Updated
Identify The Words On Guitar Strap Japanese Symbols

Can anybody decypher these symbols if they aren't just made up? It's an old strap that was my grandfathers I do not know where it came from and there are no markings indicating a company this strap is made by. Otherwide id search the company and see if I could find it. Image is actually turned sideways left is bottom, right is top. 

Guitar strap with

Ellick K.

Its hard to make out the second character,  could be 礻申風 or 礻中風 . Niether makes much sense to me, but my japanese is pretty rusty. 

Pushead

Throw either of those into Google translate and it wants to pick Chinese as the language of origin. If you manually pick Japanese, it is either Reprobate Wind or Breeze style.

But if you enter Kamakaze in English and ask it to translate to Japanese, you get

神風
Jacob L.

I have found a possible answer... the right side one could mean water OR fire. The left side one could mean wind. Now for the middle one, there is no similar features to any of these symbols on this wiki page HERE for the five elements. But the one that Ellick suggested 中 means "IN". Now that symbol has the same structure as the middle symbol.

My guess is that this says "Wind in Fire." or in order it says "Fire in Wind." Who knows if that's right though. It's just a prediction based on symbols with similar features or as close to the symbol as possible. 

Big Daddy B

I have found a possible answer... the right side one could mean water OR fire. The left side one could mean wind. Now for the middle one, there is no similar features to any of these symbols on this wiki page HERE for the five elements. But the one that Ellick suggested 中 means "IN". Now that symbol has the same structure as the middle symbol.

My guess is that this says "Wind in Fire." or in order it says "Fire in Wind." Who knows if that's right though. It's just a prediction based on symbols with similar features or as close to the symbol as possible. 

is this a cotton strap? Could be made by Earth III. I have the black version and tried deciphering it myself a few weeks back...to no avail.

Big Daddy B

I got a definitive answer on this from a former employee of Earth Straps. The symbols spell Kami (god) and Kaze (wind) so it really spells Kamikaze and means Wind of God. 

metalhobo

aka "divine wind" which is the de facto english translation

Kevin B.

It's done in Kanji so the writing would be read from top to bottom and hand written in hand brush style which looks diiferent from type set, "Kami Kaze or divine wind" as defined by my Mother who is Japanese and studied Japanese Calligraphy and Kanji.

Post to Thread