Did my pickup just go bad?

Updated
Did my pickup just go bad?

First of all I know absoloutely nothing about pickups! I just know that I have a good pickup in a guitar that I'm loving so far, and I really hope it hasn't gone out on me. I can't think of anything wrong that I may have done to it, but I know that it sounds really low and like it has no volume! I turn it up and the thing sounds like its barely in overdrive on a metal setting! Its also only on my bridge pickup! I opened everything up for you guys that know about this stuff and was hoping you could elaborate for me.

Pushead

First thing I'd check is your battery.  But if the neck pickup is still working normally, I'd re-solder the connections.  I've run into this issue before, and resoldering always fixes it.

In most of my experiences, it's the solder at the toggle switch, but I've never run across it on a blade switch.

Hauges R.

Best thing to do is find a local guitar shop and make friends with the owner/employees. Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened to me and I would visit the lads at the local shop and they just fix it there and then for me 

Trent P.

Low and no power definitely soungs like a power issue. Is the battery old or new? I have had the almost the exact same sounding problem before with another guitar so it might just be needing a replacement. 

Post to Thread