Introducing the Tombstone Case Company

Updated
Introducing the Tombstone Case Company

2014's already looking like a fun year here at ESP, or at least pretty damn busy. Some info on our new Tombstone Case Company: http://www.espguitars.com/articles/1963618-introducing-the-tombstone-case-company

exhibit-sbt

Not all guitars will be shipping in these cases will they?  I honestly find the graphic a little immature and lacking the classy look of standard ESP cases.  Or at least will the option remain for that on newer models?  

Jeff K.

No, certainly not. Tombstone is not only making cases for ESP Guitars, but for other brands. It would not come automatically with ESP models, with the exception of the Kirk Hammett KH-WZ, which does include the Tombstone case. They will be sold separately for other models and brands.

exhibit-sbt

Cool deal.  Just gotta ask, what with all the major changes. 

Jeff K.

We've always seen opportunities to grow ESP, and it's been a steady process over the last 39 years. This year just happens to be the culmination of much long-term planning for where we want ESP to be today, and moving into the future.

Zorlac

Jeff I'm curious. Was ending the old forum a long term plan or did you guys see it as a good place to begin advertising? 

Jeff K.

Zorlac, we moved to a completely different platform when we put up the new site. The forums weren't close to being the top concern when we made that change. We needed a better way to allow our products and the news about our artists to be seen and shared. To that end, I like the direction of the new site. It's going better than we thought it would... way better.However, as far as I'm concerned, we're not nearly done tweaking this site, or the forums. So, stay tuned. More stuff to come.

Zorlac

Don't mistake this for an attempt at an argument. 

My whole thing is, with all the members at the forums golden day, I'd think it would be at least on the to do list to preserve.

there was a lot of traffic and light brought to the esp name through it. Members and the mod would immediately post any news on upcoming ESPs after attending any NAMM shows. Which in result led to many purchases. 

To say it wasn't a priority sounds naive. I mean I get the main market is kids buying ltds and old guys buying custom shop but I think every customer counts. 

My main concern however, will esp be offering any high end guitars in satin finishes other than the black e-ii? That natty USA is calling me, but I don't do gloss...

Jeff K.

No need to worry about it being an argument. You're welcome to speak your mind. We're all aware of the value of the forums. And to clear up an item of confusion I've seen a few times, the Mod is still the Mod. Same guy as it has been from day one. We just call him Dave.

The priority was to get the site up and running, and -- knowing that we'd be doing a huge change to our product line at NAMM -- getting a whol lot of content ready for that. Now that we're at NAMM, that part is mostly over, and we can focus some more attention on other aspects of the community, including the forums. Changes will be coming. You might like them, you might not, but they'll happen.

So, are the forums ever going back to being exactly as they were before? No, never. But hopefully there will be some cool aspects of what we'll offer you members, and new people who will come in as a result of the changes.

So, that's all I can say for now. We'll be busy kicking ass at NAMM over the next four days, and after we get our brains back from being NAMM-mush, we'll start addressing more ways to improve the site, the forums, and everything. But let it be known: we're very happy with how it's gone so far. Thanks for the conversation... I enjoyed it.

load more replies (1 of 1)
ChainOfThought

I'm on terrible internet so excuse me for not digging too hard into it (I clicked the link and looked at the first page that loaded).

Are there any more pictures of different cases?  I only saw the white tombstone case and based on that I'd agree with Exhibit.  I think the idea is fantastic...it'd just be cool to get some less 'METUL \M/' cases.  Something without skulls & themes of death & whatnot.  I'm curious to see what the full lineup will look like.

Jeff K.

Hey Chain. No, we're just making an announcement about the start of Tombstone. There's only one case for the time being! We plan on having many more available a few months from now. Thanks for the input about having a variety of designs. We agree that it's a good idea.

Tondog

Hey Jeff!....why doncha add "ESP FORUMS" to the headstone graphic on the case so everyone will simply stop asking about the old, and long since dead, forums. 

You're welcome and my fee is in the mail to you. 

tristan n.

so stoked for these new cases 

Post to Thread