Marshall code 100

Updated
Marshall code 100

I am looking to buy a new amp and would appreciate some opinions on the Marshall Code 100. I have a Marshall MG102CFX and i like the sound for a cheapish amp but the thing just dies and stops working for no apprent reason. I am a little stand offish for the Marshall at the moment but as i said, i like the sound so please leave a comment or thought. 

Cheers guys 

EXPcustom
Brad I. wrote:

I am looking to buy a new amp and would appreciate some opinions on the Marshall Code 100. I have a Marshall MG102CFX and i like the sound for a cheapish amp but the thing just dies and stops working for no apprent reason. I am a little stand offish for the Marshall at the moment but as i said, i like the sound so please leave a comment or thought. 

Cheers guys 

The Marshall code series is just junk in general, I mean not even just my opinion that is the average internet consensus. In fact I would have advised you to stay away from the MG102FX as well, garbage.

What are you looking for? As in are you just a bedroom player? Beginer? Plan on maybe jamming with a real band and a real drummer in the future? I ask because there are lots of options and for some reason your just eyeballing stuff in the junkyard, no offense.

Brad I.

No offence taken. I jam with a band and real drummer and they gig but i don't usually. Have played 2 gigs before with them. I have only a small budget of about $700 Australian but might be able to stretch it a bit more in a few months. I value opinions and experience of people this is why i ask. I guess ehen i bought the mg102cfx i was going on the history of marshall amps and didn't know they were a bad one to get.

I play anything from surf to metal on ltd viper, white zombie and snakebyte. 

Cheers.

EXPcustom

Ok, yeah lots of new Marshall stuff isn't that great anymore.

Honestly in the long run you would be better off saving for a Kemper or AxeFX and getting a powered wedge. So many options plus you can get a remote/pedal board and all the built in effects sound great. I understand it's out of your budget but if you really do plan on playing real live gigs and jamming with a band this is the best way to go, today.

If you need something, right now for 700 or less, look into a 80's era Randall Century solid state head and a matching Randall 4x12 or a Peavey 4x12 from the 80's. The high gain channel is the same as the White Zombie and Pantera(Dime) guitarists used plus the clean is good as well. Also the old Peavy 4x12s from the 80's are one of the best kept bang for buck secrets to this day. Thick wood cabinets with high quality speakers usually for less than 300 US dollars.

FYI the Century head can be found for 400 US dollars or less easily as well.

Another option is the old Peavy 5150 heads, the orignal ones but I think they have gotten pretty expensive now.

Also for your info I'm in the "business" and my business partner has over 20 years in the music business teching and designing amps. 

Randy B.

i like the new fender mustang amps myself

Guram C.

I would recommend some modeling amp. Marshall Code is not bad but Boss Katana is much better.

you can choose one from this list.

Tom H.

Marshall Code 100 is a code of ethics that was created in the early 1900s to help protect the privacy of individuals. It is a set of principles that states that individuals should be treated with respect, and that personal information should not be used without the consent of the person concerned.

Post to Thread