ESP Case

Updated
Vince P.

Hey guys, I just picked up a used KH2 guitar that came with an original case from 2000. The logo is pretty beat up and I wanted to restore it somehow. Do you guys have any ideas on how to approach this. Either paint over it and put a new decal on, or try to sand the metal and put a new logo? Thanks

Pushead

Some of those scratches seem pretty deep. I'd guess sanding the metal piece down to get the scratches out would probably make the metal sheet a bit too thin. You might be better off drilling out the rivets and making a new plate (or even just turning that one over) and painting a new logo.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. The purpose of the case is to take the scratches so the guitar doesn't.

Vince P.

Ya I guess that makes sense. The rest of the case is in really good shape so I just figured I'd see what I can do. Any idea on how to take the rivets off? Thanks 

Pushead

Usually, you have to drill them out.

Big Daddy B

If it really bothers you have you thought about just buying a new case? The new ones have the logo painted on vs the metal plate though.

Vince P.

Ya I wouldn't get a whole new case, the inside and rest of the case are in good shape. I ended up sanding down the metal piece and bought an ESP logo off eBay. Ill see how it all turns out I guess 

Big Daddy B
Vince P. wrote:

Ya I wouldn't get a whole new case, the inside and rest of the case are in good shape. I ended up sanding down the metal piece and bought an ESP logo off eBay. Ill see how it all turns out I guess 

cool good luck. I like small projects like that.

ESP 348

How did all this go Vince? You end up fitting that sticker to it?

Post to Thread