ESP Viper 301, Amp Suggestions?

Updated
Fred B.

I've just inherited an ESP LTD VIPER-330 with the flame/maple design. Its my first step into the world of electric from acoustic. I've been managing without an amp since my old gibson amp died a death. As i've been playing acoustic and not doing any live performing or anything, needing an amp hasn't really been essential. I've been trying to find out what amps are about as my only experience has been with Gibson so far and that was also a hand-me-down from my uncle. I've read a few posts around the web suggesting Orange amps as a good choice, then there's Gibson, Blackstar etc. THere's a pretty health range of choice out there, I just don't really know too much about what' distinguishing one brand from another. I've got around $500 bucks to play with if necessary so am after some ideas on what to get. Guess its one of those things where you get used to a particular brand and tend to stick with it. Then there's maybe some brands that work better for different guitars and for different needs. Is there a particular pairing with the guitar I have that anyone can suggest? Also looking for the best place to buy cheap goods online like amps and other peripherals, so any suggestions there would be great too. I know there's the usual sites that everyone uses but I wanted to see if there are any new ones out there that might be alright. I've found one called easyprices.com that looks alright for general goods. Thanks.

Thanks.

Pushead

I think more than pairing an amp with the guitar, it's more important that you find an amp that has a reputation with the style of music you play.

There are literally dozens of good amps in that price range.  Check out offerings from Fender as well.

Fred B.
Pushead wrote:

I think more than pairing an amp with the guitar, it's more important that you find an amp that has a reputation with the style of music you play.

There are literally dozens of good amps in that price range.  Check out offerings from Fender as well.

OK, thanks, makes sense I suppose, I will have a look at what's recommended to match with my style and then go from there.

Pushead

If you let us know what you like to play, we can probably give you some suggestions.

Post to Thread