D' addario question

Updated
Digiadaamore
Does anyone else find addarios way more buzzy than any other brand? Twice in different gauges ive gone to addarios and had buzz that wasnt there before:confused:
deus ex machina

Does anyone else find addarios way more buzzy than any other brand?
Nope, not really. Not at all.

Is it a floyd?

Did you go for a lighter gauge than what was before?

Digiadaamore

Nope, not really. Not at all.

Is it a floyd?

Did you go for a lighter gauge than what was before?

yep floyd. no no lighter. as i said ive done this twice from dunlop 10's to addario 10's and got a ton of buzz, same thing with 11's this time. i like the addario's and ill kepp using them i just find it odd

Velt017

I switched from D'Addario to dunlops recently. Dunlop FTW

If you had the dunlop heavy core's on and switched to D'addarios, your action may be too low for the floppier D'Addarios... hence the buzzing. The weather also just changed too, so you may need to adjust your neck relief. May just be coincidence.

Grynch

Best classical strings I've ever played. Their electrics are for shit, though. Anything bigger than 10-46 buzzes like mad.

deus ex machina

...?

I'm running 11-56's on my guitar and they don't buzz at all?

:confused:

jsp

I've been using D'addario for years, over a range of gauges, and never had any issues. If your guitar buzzes, check your setup.

Michael W.

they might have a slightly different tension than the ones you were using previously. I tried a set of EB after having my guitar setup with D'addario and had to adjust the springs on my tremelo afterwards

Impulse 101

I've used literally thousands of sets of D'addarios. They are solid and consistent. If there is a difference between them and EB's it is just that, not a defect.
JT

With_Strength_I_Burn

I'm a D'Addario guy, their Prosteels are the only strings that I will use. Their regular strings are good and dependable strings too. If you're getting excess buzz, then it's probably something related to how your guitar is set up.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread