Any of you guys have experience with a Mesa Tremoverb?

Updated
Any of you guys have experience with a Mesa Tremoverb?
So I'm thinking about pickup up a Tremoverb. I've had two and three channel Dual Rectos and had a Roadster, but I was wondering what the general consensus on the Tremoverb's clean channel is? I never really used all of the options and features on my Roadster, so if the Tremoverb has the classic Recto dirty channel and has a decent clean channel with reverb I think I'm sold. Thoughts?
jet66

I like the TOV clean over the other Rectifier series stuff, personally. Is there a big difference? I dunno. Maybe it was just the one I had, but it had a lot better 'feel,' IMO. I also preferred the gain over the Solo heads of the time, as well. (Mid/later 90's.) In fact, I'd love to have another Trem O Verb, at some point. They cover a lot of ground really well.

Nitrobattery

I like the TOV clean over the other Rectifier series stuff, personally. Is there a big difference? I dunno. Maybe it was just the one I had, but it had a lot better 'feel,' IMO. I also preferred the gain over the Solo heads of the time, as well. (Mid/later 90's.) In fact, I'd love to have another Trem O Verb, at some point. They cover a lot of ground really well.

From the clips I've heard the gain sounds a little less aggressive and fizzy around 6k....which I like. It's what drew me to the Roadster initially. I think I'm going to go for it.

jet66

Yeah, it wasn't as 'brutal' as the Solo, which is why I liked it. It did 'pretty heavy' well, though. The band I was in at the time covered Forty Six And Two, and I nailed that sound with it.

I also pulled of SRV with the clean channel and Iron Maiden with the dirty at a jam, once. Both on the same G&L ASAT Classic. :lol

Seriously, that amp took to single coils and humbuckers equally well, and covered the blues through a lot of the modern metal (90's) tones with no sweat. I also boosted with a TS-9 from time to time, for just a little more/tighter grunt.

Spoonylove

Tremoverb = best Mesa amp

Nitrobattery

pics to follow 8o

Nitrobattery

The key to a Recto is running the gain low, the presence off, and boosting it with an OD. Otherwise I'm not a fan either.

deus ex machina

The key to a Recto is running the gain low, the presence off, and boosting it with an OD. Otherwise I'm not a fan either.
Presence off: The Adam D. way. :cool:

load more replies (1 of 1)
Velt017

Anyone that says they can't get a good sound out of a recto is doing it wrong.... Tone monsters.

+1 on the gain low with an OD though, not 100% necessary, but definately a really good way to get a good tone. I actually like the presence all the way up, but that's just me.

Metlupass2

Anyone that says they can't get a good sound out of a recto is doing it wrong.... Tone monsters.

+1 on the gain low with an OD though, not 100% necessary, but definately a really good way to get a good tone. I actually like the presence all the way up, but that's just me.

I didn't say I couldn't get a good sound out of it, I just didn't get along with it. I guess I'm more of a pissed off Marshall tone fan.

metalhobo

I run the presence on the LeCto amp sim 100% up.

jet66

I don't remember where I ran the presence on mine, but I rarely took the gain above noon-one o'clock, especially when I could crank the master. Just about the time any remnant of 'fizz' went away, the cops usually showed up. :lol But my god what a badass crushing tone...

gorsch

Sexy Amps. Really the only Mesa I've ever been curious of. Well until they made the Stiletto's.

cecilbag

I'd agree they seem a little warmer than regular dual recs. I played one in a studio cranked wide open through a rectifier cab and it sounded better than my personal dual rec. Either way they have a great tone if you run with or without boost in my own opinion. I use vintage more than modern on my rectifiers though and since trying boost a maxon od808 is a sweet sound through a dual or triple, so tight and heavy

Post to Thread