ESP guitar for jazz

Updated
ESP guitar for jazz
Sup people, Wondering if anybody here plays jazz, and/or if anybody can recommend an ESP that would be good for jazz. I'm a metal player first and foremost, but am taking jazz classes so I figure I should get a guitar that would be suitable for that style. Not looking for recommendations of other bands; I would like to stick with ESP if at all possible (I have severe brand loyalty to the point of stubbornness). Thanks for any helpful response. EDIT - Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
diadorastriker

An Eclipse with the right pickups would work pretty well.

slovakzombiehero

An Eclipse with the right pickups would work pretty well.

+1

The older Eclipse semi-hollows might work nicely if you can find one.

blistered earth

prashant aswani (i think thats how ya spell it) uses Ms and paramount series xtones
and hes kinda shredy jazz

Velt017

Phoenix, just because its cool as fuck

cecilbag

Phoenix, just because its cool as fuck

I'm pumped I was told my phoenix ii would be here this week next week absolute latest

Pushead

Any of the LTD/Xtone semi-hollow bodies. They are quite nice sounding.

Soilwork

Hmmmm....looks like I completely missed the Xtone semi-hollow guitars on the website. Thanks for the input guys!

Pushead

I played one a few years ago and it was surprisingly good. I don't know what the stock pickups were, but they might be a bit hot for jazz standards. I think dialing the volume and or tone down a bit could get you in the ballpark.

brandono61cr

Xj-6 or hybrid-ii would get my vote for an actual ESP , the Xtones are pretty baller too

Mark K.

What i mostly do is using a single coil in the neck and then putting some high tones out of it using the tone knob on my guitar.
Play small chords on the lower strings.

Constituo

Playing with stock EMG´s on my EC-II SW with Dual Recto half-stack - just roll the gain/volume down a bit, play softer and jazz is no problem for me (or jizz).

cecilbag

I would think eclipse, viper, or phoenix would be the best bet. I agree that if you can find a semi hollow eclipse you'd be set

Gfunk

Playing with stock EMG´s on my EC-II SW with Dual Recto half-stack - just roll the gain/volume down a bit, play softer and jazz is no problem for me (or jizz).

How do you have your MT-2 dialed-in?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread