Good multi-effects,or not?

Updated
Good multi-effects,or not?
I have a Boss ME-50, and it sounds pretty good. It is easy to use and has a lot of high quality Boss effect on a knob based format (not a bunch of menus&sub-menus) My question is: Does anyone know if there is a way you can use this thing live? I has a bad pause in between patch selections. I'm thinking this thing is just good to use at home. Unless I'm not seeing something. Thanks.
Constituo

Boss had their manuals on site (lots of pages, but You´ll get it within 2 days).

Remember using ME-50 a long time ago, never had a problem playing live.

At some point had GT-8 - even better and more effects.

And after a while I had Pod X3Live which was the best multi effects IMO - especially the distortion (although GT-8 had more "UFO-sounds").

And after I bought Dual Rec halfstack - I want/need nothing else..

Murdoc

Boss had their manuals on site (lots of pages, but You´ll get it within 2 days).

Remember using ME-50 a long time ago, never had a problem playing live.

At some point had GT-8 - even better and more effects.

And after a while I had Pod X3Live which was the best multi effects IMO - especially the distortion (although GT-8 had more "UFO-sounds").

And after I bought Dual Rec halfstack - I want/need nothing else..
I appreciate the info, I have the manual, I bought it brand new. It has a long pause in between pre-sets, that's the only issue. If it was a problem you would probably remember it, I'll mess around with it some more. Mesa Boogie would be a super nice amp, is it better than Marshall in your opinon?

OutlawTorn

my friend had one of those a while back, i dont remember a delay in switching

mesa vs marshall

personal preference and requirements, i like the marshall JVM's but i'd take a Dual Rectifier head or roadster 2x12 combo.

Murdoc

my friend had one of those a while back, i dont remember a delay in switching

mesa vs marshall

personal preference and requirements, i like the marshall JVM's but i'd take a Dual Rectifier head or roadster 2x12 combo.
Yeah, Dual Rec is prob. what I'll get. See if Guitar Center Robinson will cut me a deal on one that has been plugged in and played in their store.

Tsinthegame

There's no reason why you should be having a long pause between pre-sets

+1

I've seen a few local guys use that very same unit live and they don't seem to be having long pauses between presets.

smally13

First off, stay away from GC. If you need any proof, there's plenty of testament on this very board. Second, you're in Pittsburgh. Go to Pianos n' stuff for great deals. They're running their March Madness sale, and you can pretty much walk in and steal anything you want. Go to Johnny B. Good's if you want used gear, the place is a friggin gold mine. Pittsburgh Guitars on the South Side is great for vintage gear. There are more and way better options than that unhallowed graveyard known as Guitar Center.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread