combo amp to cabinet?

Updated
xZYRYABx
Hey guys (and the odd gal or two..) I just finally bought myself an Engl Fireball 100 that I cant afford and now need a 2x12 cab......but theyre soooo damn expensive!!! the cheapest cabs loaded w/ V30's that I could find were around 350-400, and have had no luck on my local CL or music shops. Does anybody know how I could turn my Line 6 Flexone III XL into a cab? I am sure it is just a matter of rewiring the cables between the speakers and the amp....anybody have any advice for or against and info on how to get it done?
LithelShrimper

take the lead from your speakers going to your amp and cut it, put a 1/4 jack on the end. You'll have to look up the wiring diagram, cause im not sure of how to do all that shit, but that should do you just fine.

xZYRYABx

Does the Engl/Line6 have a pre in/out, or at least an FX loop? Connect a speaker wire from the out/send of the Engl to the in/return of the Line6. Turn on the Engl (but don't flip it out of Stand-By!), turn on the Line6 and presto. You effectively be taking the Engl's power amp out of the equation, but it should hold you over until you can pick up a separate cab.

that is not the ideal situation but atleast Ill be able to play the amp for a while!
I know id go crazy with it just sitting there looking pretty!
everything u said makes sense to me except the dont flip it out of standby part....ive never played a tube amp before s I am guessing that switching the power on will enable me to use the pre-amp of the fireball but not the power amp (which will require the amp to be out of standby), correct?
Do I still need to let the pre-amp tubes heat up as with the power-amp tubes?

xZYRYABx

8ohms? sounds sketchy to me...

8o

hahaha..sounds sketchy to me too!!!
I meant to say 8 ohms.....

Onnekas

I'd save up for a 2X12.

xZYRYABx

The only 2x12 that I can afford at the moment is the Avatar Traditional...any input on those? Gonna load it with V30s

Post to Thread