Series One Blackstar have just turned up

Updated
Gwedo
So we got the series one amps in this week, the 200W are all pre sold so I couldn’t try them but we have the 100 on demo. I have been waiting ages for these, i run an ENGL Powerball at the moment and I am not 100% sure it’s "the one" for me as its very very saturated. Some days its great some days its over kill. I also only play at low volumes and the wattage reduction on the series one was attractive. I have only tried it for 30 odd minutes, I tried a 2008 les paul, a Gibson Explorer and an ESP Eclipse though it. To start I was using an Orange 4*12 cab and the first thing I noticed was the clean was very good, the warm switch was great and the bright took your head off. The crunch channel was really nice and has a really great rock tone, but what I really wanted to know is can the Series one offer "Super Crunch" . So i clicked the button and .............hmmmmmmmmmm i can’t lie I was disappointed. The main problem I have with it is the lack of low end. I thought it might have been the cab so I tried it through a Mesa Cab and it still didn’t have enough low end. It sounds like a really loud HT5, not a bad thing but the HT5 is great for the money but when your talking around £900 for the head its alot of money! Ill give it another shot after work, i really wanted to like it and maybe the 200 will be more "me" but the 100W does not have enough balls for the tone i want, AKA somewhere between SYL and Metallica. Still cant find a better amp than the Mesa Roadster :-/ Maybe you get what you pay for eh! Plus side is I think the series one 100 would cut through really well in a live situation and it is still great value its just not up there with Mesa unfortunately (and its not priced that way either I guess!) Anyone else tried them yet? Maybe I am deaf …………………..
KH Guitar Freak

Interesting. If you do own a Mesa Roadster, run that with a Mesa Stiletto Deuce II in stereo. You'll get some of that SYL vibe...

Gwedo

Interesting. If you do own a Mesa Roadster, run that with a Mesa Stiletto Deuce II in stereo. You'll get some of that SYL vibe...

I wish i owned a Roadstar, i get to use one at work but i dont have one of my own.................even with work perks its still a shitload of money

load more replies (1 of 1)
vitod

I don't care what you say! If ze Jaymz plays it, it's gotta be good!!

Gwedo

The Jaymz is using the 200 I think which is the "metal" one according to the Blackstar rep anyway.

They are more popular we are sold out,

Post to Thread