Line6 Edit and HD147 problem

Updated
Justinschut
Ok, so I got my HD147 and a MIDI to USB cable and got a problem. I looked at the Line6 board, but it seems to be kinda messed up at the moment.. I got everything to install, connect, send tones to the amp and overwrite... The problem is, how do I use the tones when they're on my amp ? I have overwritten 1A, 1B, 1C and 1D but when I play the amp, the 4 preset channels are still the same.. I dont have the big floorboard, just the 2 button switch from my Spider. I did the whole synch thing that said it would actually write the tones to my amp, but they are nowhere to be found.. Any clues would be very appreciated.
StimoS

i think i might know what the problem is, but dont hold me to it. I used to have line 6 gear before and pretty familiar with their stuff. First off i would like to say im jealous because iv wanted an hd147 for a long time and cant find one anywhere. But any who, Line 6 runs in virtual channels. The hd147 does not have a built in led thing to navigate through you banks or channels. This means that the 5 presets that are on your amp are on the fly presets. Meaning they stay the same unless you change them. And i dont believe you can save sounds from online on those channels. The only way to access your virtual bank number one where you have your sounds is to have the fbv. It could be any one of the three. But your footswitch will only navigate your on the fly presets.

Hope this helps.

Justinschut

Hmm, well I hope thats not true cuz then I cant do anything with Line6 Edit untill I get a FBV...

I'll try resetting the amp to factory settings and then overwrite all the banks A-D and see if that works.. If not, I'll be looking for a FBV

ozzuk1

Contact matt parsons or mike e majik they both had hd147's and i'm pretty sure both used the virtual edit thing...

It might be a case of the amp not entirely matching up with the amp so you may not ahve the footswitch changing betwen the settings you've got on your edit..

So isntead of going between presets 7-10 it's on 2-6 etc...

Allthough I would think going for a shortboard would make life easier..

Darkknight has one too so he may be able to lend a hand...

Justinschut

yeah I asked them.. I reset the amp and overwrote every bank and it seems to work now but the tones I downloaded kinda suck :p anyone know any good tones ? The bigger bottom sounds cool tho.. But it's kinda hard to do squeels on the HD147 from what Ive noticed tube amps and even my Spider are no problem to squeel on. Its not the noise gate either

ozzuk1

Maybe you just need to adjust your pickups or technique slightly to find the right spot to get the thing going...

Or add some slight compression...

Try using the diezel herbert model if it's on there, or the bogner XTC model... little gain as possible bass mid treb to suit allthough the less treble and presence you use the better...

Justinschut

Yeah ive tried some stuff, and I can get it a bit but the amp just isnt very cooperative when it comes to squeels. On other amps at home, rehearsal or during gigs I can do it no prob. I might use it on our upcoming album cuz it's easier to record then micing up the Fireball

Post to Thread