Battle Of The Choruses (CE-5 Vs CH-1)

Updated
Battle Of The Choruses (CE-5 Vs CH-1)
I can only afford to keep one, i pretty much like each for diffrent reasons, the pluses of one are the negitives of the other if you get my drift. I want one to be the backup for my CE-2, whitch i will never get rid of as its the best chorus i have and will ever heave i feel. I feel that i could keep my CH-1 as it has the dial in and play appeal and i feel is warmer, but the sheer ammount of sounds the CE-5 can have is is a massive thing for me. I dont find the CH-1 anemic like others do, but i find the CE-5 rather thin in way. Both are modren versions with the CE-5 being made in December 07 and the CH-1 being made in April 07. What one should i keep??? CE-5 or CH-1???
TheDevilHimself

What do you want for the other one? I can't decide which one to get myself.

esp_gaijin

i don't know why you have 3 choruses, i don't own one. :p

okay i plan to own one, a yellow mxr which was the best i've ever yet used , jme.

i say sell both if you're keeping the ce2, it's not like the others are hard to come by later if you want it again.

....but cereaously....what do you do with three?

Sixstringhotshot

Gaijin - what you think about the rotovibe? I wanted to PM you but apparently you've disabled that. Feel free to PM me if you don't feel like mucking up the chorus thread.

esp_gaijin

hi ice cream man

vibes, hang on....:

esp_gaijin

i've owned:
dunlop current RI univibe + optional pedal
boss rt20
fulltone dejavibe
sweetone ultravibe
sweetone mojovibe

i listed in order from least to best but the fulltone and rt20 are about equal imho,
the rt20 kicks butt for another reason i'll 'splain.

the dunlop i think really is lame, noisy, not great, and not inexpensive either.
i wouldn't own it at all;
all of the others are well worth owning.

nearly every multi-effect unit that has a vibe or a leslie patch, and every chorus or such pedal that has those,
i haven't found a one that is worth using, jmo.

the fulltones cost similar to the sweetones, but sweetones are way the best, i highly recommend the mojovibe.

i got the rt20 because it has a great leslie sound , i mean really good, and has multiple leslie sounds to choose from and all are good/useable.
it has nearly no noise.
i owned an HK rotosphere mark II that did a great leslie but had horrendous noise, and the pedal costs a fortune; not worth its price imo.

the rt20 has 1 vibe sound but it's a very good one, so i highly recommend the good sound and good value of owning an rt20.

one more leslie: optionsound actual physical leslie, i owned one and was really disappointed; mediocre sound, a lot of noise, both the HK and RT20 sound much much better. the optionsound is expensive and of course very bulky.

KH Guitar Freak

Gaijin, you should try out a Roger Mayer Voodoovibe+, then come back to me with your report... :)

As for choruses, you should get a Retro-Sonic Chorus. However, the same IC that was used in those Roland CE-1 choruses, that are also used in many of the Retro-Sonic Choruses, have been discontinued. I say get one that has it, and quickly... :p

ESPimperium

I wanted the CH-1 as i thought it was really good, and it replaced my Digitech one, untill i got the CE-2, that will stay with me for a good while as its the best chorus i will ever try. The i got the CE-5 as i wanted to try it and see if it could match up to CE-2, and it did for a short while, but it lacked the analogue warmth of the CE-2.

However, i think im gonna be getting rid of the CE-5 as i am leaning toward the CH-1 as i feel its warmer, altho slightly anemic at times, i can live with that as the CE-5 is versitile yes, but a little too intrucive in the high end.

But reality struck me last night in a dream, get shot of both of them and get a Ibanez CS9 is i want a true analogue chorus, but thats the costly option as the CS9 is £149 ish and for that price, id rather keep one of the Boss ones i have for my CE-2 backup and Boss Only pedalboard project.

HateEvent

CH-1 has more chorus but the CE-5 does it with more subtlety and I much prefer it.

This is why I only use the CE-5 :)

ESPimperium

I feel that the CH-1 is the one that sounds best, but the CE-5 is the one i should keep as it has much more versitile solutions, as im shure the 2 band EQ can dial out the high end i hate on it.

But i feel that im gonna have to geep both till i get a head i can run them thru its loop to really find out the winner.

Post to Thread