Tough Decision

Updated
diadorastriker
Torn between the 6505, 6505+, Marshall JVM210H, and the JSX. If anyone is an owner here, please point out each amps strengths and weaknesses. Thanks in advance.
spawnofthesith

I have a 6505+... it is an awesome amp. It's strong point is definitely its lead channel. Some seriously kick ass distortion in there. The only weakness I can say is that it's clean channel is not the greatest. It's good enough, but this amps main purpose is it's high gain brutality

Necroticism07

I just ordered a 6505+ yesterday, can't wait till it arrives in february. Seriously awesome amp man, unbelievable tone!

What exactly are you looking for in the amp you buy?

hermz

If you're after an amp that does all-out metal and does it fuckin' well, the 5150/6505 is a hard cat to beat. If you want something versatile then it's probably not the amp for you.

Don't have much experience with the others you mentioned though.

DeathIsMyJustice

I agree, for all out metal the 5150s are great but for anything else they are very limited

TheDevilHimself

All good choices.
Nowadays I would go with the Marshall though. It's just such a much newer and improved amp, you can get many many great sounds from it.

Fordman65

I agree, for all out metal the 5150s are great but for anything else they are very limited

I completely do not understand this train of thought. It is completely assinine and wrong. Does anyone on this board actually remember where the fuck the 5150 came from?

I know EVH was a change of pace back in the 5150 days but metal? For fucks sake. :rolleyes:

Also the JVM kicks ass.

load more replies (1 of 1)
diadorastriker

Im looking for a more versatile tone so I think that everybody is leaning toward the marshall or the JSX.

KH Guitar Freak

Jsx...

diadorastriker

Do you have experience with it?

spawnofthesith

If you want versatile get the JSX. Beautiful clean channel, and still has plenty of gain

ZephMan

MARSHALL, kick ass amps.

diadorastriker

^Save it for another thread. Thanks everybody going to try a bunch out in the next two weeks.

ESPimperium

The JVM will destroy any amp for versitility to tone for your money, especially when put together with the matching speaker cab or V30s.

Altho, i am gonna wait to see what the 50W JSX sounds like when it comes out at NAMM.

Altho a amp that is truly unbeatable for Versitility to tone for value for money is the Mesa F30/50s, Same with the H&K Switchblades.

Sixstringhotshot

I guess if you think so. The Peavey's never sounded like EVH to me, it was just a product with his name on it. Ignoring the name on the faceplate, the amps are good for metal and maybe average for everything else.

EDIT: I use the term "good" loosely. That's not a tone I would ever want for metal.

diadorastriker

Just bought it, new thread in General forum later.

metalhobo

Bought what? WHAT?

edit: I see you have bought a JSX.

SpicyPickles

Good on the JSX. Very nice amp indeed.

the_emptier

it still amazes me how there are still threads about the 5150 and people deciding to buy it, damn that alone should convince people to buy it, its stood the test of time thats for sure

Post to Thread