NEW Wah Needed

Updated
NEW Wah Needed
I have grown out of my Dunlop 535Q wah, i still love it to pieces, but i think i want something more modren when it comes to wah now. As i play mainly metal i feel the 535Q isnt cutting it, and the fact the 535Q is destined fopr a Bass pedalboard im designing soon, i need a new guitar wah; Im looking at the following, so any reviews or recomendations will be helpful: Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Wah Dunlop GCB95F Origional Classic Wah Morley Tremonti Power Wah I am open minded, so i will also take some suggestions to ones that may be good for me as well. Thanks again.
gorsch

actually, i had the Zakk wah and thought it sounded to much like Zakk. Went back to the 535Q. The Zakk is a good one but the sweep is real gutteral if ya get me. Try one first. I'd say the best simple wah is the classic but make sure it's got the red inductor in it. Some poelple pass the cheap $60 crybaby (which is still good) off for the Classic. I'm currently trying to hunt down a Vox Clyde McCoy. Also the Dunlop 95Q is cool.

I've gone through so many wahs trying to find one I like. I always come back to the 535Q. I'd actually like the Dime CFH but I cant justify spending the $$$ just to get the LED's and a extra knob. I shoulda just bought the damn CFH in the first place.

ESPimperium

Id also like to try a Vox and a 95Q wah as well, also thinking about the Morely Bad Horsie wahs as well.

Ive even looked at the Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah as well as thats what Miles Kenedy of Alter Bridge uses, he said on the June (Issue 303) issue Guitarist DVD that it was a awsome Wah.

Both him and Tremonti did a massive rig tour on that DVD, great feature i thought!!!

DeathIsMyJustice

The ZW is the sweetness, if I was going to splash some cash on a new wah it would be one of those

ESPimperium

Im now thinking about the Zakk Wylde or the Tremonti for what i need, so its a toss between either of them.

They are both arround the £99 mark, sor the cheapest price i can find for either of them, locally i think one shop is charging £149 for the Tremonti and the Zakk is arround the £99-129 mark, but im gonna get the GT-OD in a order soon, so want 3 or 4 things in the order, so i can get either then.

DeathIsMyJustice

You had a blaze on any of em?

ESPimperium

No, but i can feel a play test being the order of the day.

KH Guitar Freak

Them RMC may suit your needs, but I think them Morleys would do the job...

DeathIsMyJustice

No, but i can feel a play test being the order of the day.

get your self down to a store and get wah wahing :hat

load more replies (2 of 2)
ZephMan

I have a Vox V87 that I love, but it's definatly NOT metal.

Morley is the way to go, either the Bad horsie, Classic, or Tremonti, they are all good.

esp_gaijin

get a talkbox instead, and drool on your shirt onstage like joe walsh.

KH Guitar Freak

The Crybaby are supposed to sound more like the Italian Jen wahs, hence why they sound brighter than wahs such as Voxes...

Z mann R2

Funny I saw this thread, I just bought the Dimebag Crybaby from Hell yesterday.....only had a chance to play it for like 30 minutes but it SCREAMS!!!!!

gorsch

Funny I saw this thread, I just bought the Dimebag Crybaby from Hell yesterday.....only had a chance to play it for like 30 minutes but it SCREAMS!!!!!

yeah, I shoulda just bought that one but at the time I didnt see the need for the fine tune knob and leds so I bought the 535Q. Pretty much the same thing. Now I wish I just paid extra. I would like the leds now mostly for the volume boost. I turn mine on and off depending on song. Now I have to bend over and make sure it's pushed in. Kind of a pain. I would also like the input jack on the same side as output since I got a wireless. Keeps my stage clear from cables.

Z mann R2

ya mine sounds a lil harsh....I dunno I might return it.....I didn't realize that wah pedals affected your sound so much when engaged but not depressed......I thought wah would make your amp sound normal until you pushed on the pedal.....I don't have much need for a wah now it annoys me

ESPimperium

I was looking at the EVH Wah as well, im quite intrested in what it can do.

But i feel that its down to the Zakk and the Tremonti, and the way im liking the tone on the last Alter bridge album at the moment, i highly fancy the Tremonti wah.

Brian

I have no idea where they are selling the EVH WAH though.

gorsch

I was looking at the EVH Wah as well, im quite intrested in what it can do.

But i feel that its down to the Zakk and the Tremonti, and the way im liking the tone on the last Alter bridge album at the moment, i highly fancy the Tremonti wah.

i'd go for the Tremonti. My zakk sits in it's box. It's a good wah but a little too intense. Probably works better with a bass to be honest.

chevy Z 302

i like how he said he made his pedalboard at home as well.

maybe the piece of wood but theres no way he did all the wiring, interface, CLEANNESS!, etc.

I agree with you cor, pretty lame acting like its all him like that.

TRJ

I'm probably getting a Budda, my friend has one and it sounds great.

chevy Z 302

^ i want to try one of those

as well as the hiwatt

TRJ

I've been thinking about the Teese RMC stuff as well, but I wouldn't be able to try one before purchasing.

Post to Thread