Rocktron Super C

Updated
MikeC
Hey everybody! I have a question about the Rocktron Hush. Right now I have no noise suppressor in my rack, and just an NS-2 on my pedal board. The rack can get pretty noisy, so I was wondering if anybody could tell me anything about the Hush. Like, how is it? Would it take away the hiss I'm getting if I run it after my BBE in the effects loop? If I could, I'd try getting the Pro Rack G, but unfortunatly I'm kinda on a budget. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
martijua

I had a hush super c in my rack a year or two. It will definately work for quieting the noise....but, the problem I had with it is that you had to be very careful with the setting. To much and it chopped off notes....too little and it would let noise or nasty feedback thru.

Even at the perfect setting it would still unexpectedly open up and let some noise/feedback/squeels thru. It really got to be annoying at gigs. Using the volume knob on the guitar helped......but then I discovered the pro rack g:evil

chevy Z 302

you should ditch that damn bbe first:p

i would recommend the pro rack g or if you can find it, a rocktron guitar silencer.

xXxEvilCorexXx

rocktron hush sucks. i've had one for years so i couple that with my Powerball's noise gate and i've managed to find a happy medium between the Hush being less than stellar. Proplem with he Hush is that if you play high gain then you have to set the threshhold high, then if you switch to clean you dont get the release you need and your notes have no definition and cut out long before they should. if you have it in your FX loop, and your loop is switchable, and you dont mind tap dancing you can kill your loop and play clean, switch to gain, and then turn you loop back on. its going to be a pain in the ass to do that however.
get an ISP Decimator Pro G, its a far better product, but at a more expensive price.
good luck

LordCliffton

are you all using the HUSH correctly, as in having your guitar plugged into 1 channel and the other channel running thru the FX Loop?

That's the way it was meant to be used.. same goes for the ISP Pro unit. These were both designed by the same guys... here's a diagram that explains the hookups-its for the ISP unit.
Peace(ha, pun not intended)

Post to Thread