Marshall TSL100 or JCM 800 (2203)?

Updated
ESPdude
This is the question that I have been asking myself. Both are 100w full tube amps. However the JCM800 is about $600 more and is only a single channel whereas the TSL is obviously a 3 channel. I have been able to test out the TSL at my local music store and I thought it was very good, however nobody around has the JCM800 so I am just going off of reviews and youtube clips. So I guess what I am looking for is some answers, possibly from some owners, on which is the better choice. I have been told that the overdrive on the TSL is similar to the sound of the JCM800 but I am not sure how true this is. Which has more gain possibilities as well? Thanks so much. -Antonio
Turbo Rico

An old 2203 is much louder and sounds better, IMO. The problem with 2203, for me, is that it lacks gain, bottom end, the agressive metal sound but all this can be fixed with some modifications.;) I have a moded 2203 and I don´t need any pedals at all (just my cry baby), it´s very silent and very loud. The TSL is more modern but I still go with the 2203 and get it "fixed".

Post to Thread