building a rack?

Updated
RejecterSR
so basically i buy the pieces and build it to the dimensions of the equipment i'm getting for it, then the outside cases? it'd have to make it larger than 19" for the basic tuner/effects/bullshit drawers etc since i'm not using a preamp and shit i'm just using my amp head, right? I have to build the thing right, i can't buy it is what i'm asking. but i have to buy the outside cases.
DeathIsMyJustice

Hang on there... why do you want a rack? If your just going to have your head in it? Just get a flight case for it if you want it to be safe

chevy Z 302

can you make that into a coherent post and we'll be glad to help, at this point i don't have a damn clue what your talking about.:\

RejecterSR

Deathismyjustice, its not to hold my head alone, but for rackmounted tuner/effects gear and drawers as well

let me rephrase it for chevy even though it's pretty clear to me
can i buy a premade rack or do i have to make it to the specs of the equipment/drawers/bullshit it's made for?

and, since my amp head is larger than 19" across, 19" being what the other rack mount equipment is, i'd have to make the rack larger to accomodate the head? how would i go about doing that.

that is the question, how to build a rack

DeathrollJM

you can build the stuff so you can mount your head and your rack gear. the big name artist that have the all in one rack that holds all of their stuff usually have their custom made and those costs thousands. you can sketch up something that matches all the dimensions that you need, one side containing your 19" racks and the other side with larger spaced room to fit your amps and you have to fabricate a system that holds your head into place, exactly how you do it is up to you.

RejecterSR

all in one would be nice, yeah
i wish there was somewhere i could browse through this kinda shit

Deadpulse

^
there are a shit load of companies that will make whatever cases you want.

Angstrom, Carvin, Anvil, Dinosaur, Calzone, Rock Solid Cases, Crown, lots of others.

Asmodaus

realistically, since your not famous and I'm presuming not rich, you should get an 8 space rack to hold your rack equipment you wish to acquire. Rack equipment is all the same size for conveniences. Then get a shockmount case for your head since it's longer than standard rack size. or nothing at all, since your amp head is a different size.

chevy Z 302

Thats Reb Beach's current setup :)

RejecterSR

you're right, i have no idea about hooking up all that bullshit.
new to guitar? no, not at all.
my set up it not elaborate, a stack, a couple pedals and shit, and some recording gear with EQ's, and an M-II uc, and Ibanez Prestige 7 string and a wierd custom painted Les Paul thing that would take days to describe. i've been playing a long time.
no this is not a right now purchase, but an investment i am planning, i am wise enough to plan for future things down the road to my liking. i have researched but have not found a descent amount of information. my computer is not awesome, i don't know what things like "gas" or "imo" and shit means, i'm not a computer person, i play grim fuckin music. i need advice, and i am VERY grateful for those who are helping me. No, since i am not bursting with hundreds though i wish, i am planning and have plans. i wanted a tower to hold a few rack mounted items, my head, and two or three drawers, but screw it, i'll keep just the racks and the drawers in a rack that i found from a friend, i'm keeping the head on the amp.

maybe one day i'll put both heads in one big crate like that one massive set up, which will no doubt cripple some one. thanks for the help, though, i really do appreciate it.

Post to Thread