Ibanez tubescreamer ts-808 vs. Maxon 808?

Updated
espdood
What's the difference between these two? I know the tubescreamer and the Maxon have the same JRC4558 IC chip, but are they both basically the same? If so, I'll go with the Maxon, since its like almost 35 bucks cheaper.
poidaobi

mxr gt-od...

LordCliffton

Originally, Ibanez subcontracted Maxon to make many of their name branded items... such as the flying fingers pups and the 808.

Maxon no longer makes thing for Ibanez. however they still are much better.

Ibanez does not make anything-they are a name that is owned by the hoshino-gakki company of japan, just as Tama is. Pretty much everything they do is subcontracted out. Their MIJ stuff is nice. The others.. meh.

espdood

Maxon no longer makes thing for Ibanez. however they still are much better.

Who's much better? Ibanez?

load more replies (1 of 1)
ESPimperium

I think its gonna be a MXR Custom order soon for me as well, just need to get that and try it out, altho a TS-808 has just came down to £115 near me, but for that you can get a Keeley Modded TS9 for only £14, a Keeley Modded SD-1 is arround £109 i think.

Tyhe GT-OD is £69 for the cheapest quote i can find in the UK. However i also want to get a hold of the Boss OD-3 as well as they are seemingly one of the best under-rated ODs arround.

I live by the theory, you can never have too many Overdrives as you never know what you want to "open" a amp up by or "tighten" an amp up by as well.

espdood

I decided to do the analogman sd-1/808 mod instead...ohhh hope it rocks!

ESPimperium

The Maxon ones have little bells and whistles on it as well sich as better quality components, and they have True Bypass and not the JFET stomp switch, whitch automatically makes the pedal a non tone sucker.

KH Guitar Freak

The Maxon ones have little bells and whistles on it as well sich as better quality components, and they have True Bypass and not the JFET stomp switch, whitch automatically makes the pedal a non tone sucker.

The JFET switching system is still a very good switching system, I'll probably just get the non true bypass version of the Keeley TS9 Mod Plus pedal...

esp_gaijin

anyone know then who makes the ts-808 for ibanez these days?

fwiw i had a modern ts9 reissue and didn't like it much at all, pretty damn lame imo, i've owned many way better solidstate od's.

i'm interested in trying the ibanez 808 and the maxon 808 someday, but in no hurry atm.

Post to Thread