Suggest me a software for recording

Updated
xcc
I've been trying to use cubase, but that is way over my head. I want something that is easier to use, but it have too sound good too. I have Windows btw..thanks :)
Bridge The Void

Kristal

Treater

sorry, but kristal is totally garbage. I´m using cubase so I don´t have another alternative.

Bridge The Void

sorry, but kristal is totally garbage. I´m using cubase so I don´t have another alternative.

Its no cubase, but its a simple, user friendly interface that works.

load more replies (1 of 1)
LordCliffton

protools. garage band even-which is free with just about any new Mac... btw, are you pc or mac?

idpmofo

I have Windows btw..thanks :)
I'd say he doesnt have a Mac

LordCliffton

I'd say he doesnt have a Mac

You know, you can DUAL-BOOT on Macs.. yes? :x

Windows & OS X on the same computer... done & done.

And did you also know that Macs load Vista at least 15 seconds faster on macs than on pcs... I've seen video proof on youtube of it happening:similar setups, cpu, ram etc.. both started at the same exact time & the pc got smoked :hat

the_emptier

cool edit pro is free and really easy to use

DeathIsMyJustice

I use Sonar and I likes it :)

metallist

Get Protools or Logic, Protools is more user friendly than Logic but you can only use M audio and M powered Interfaces, If I were you I would get Logic as you can use whatever audio interface you want, but its a bit of a bitch to use. :x

Fuck Protools and their Rules on Software and interfaces:mad:

DeathIsMyJustice

Isnt Logic for mac only?

Greatdeceiver

Try REAPER. I have had problems on cubase because of my insufficient cpu when I tried to arrange some orchestra tracks in cubase, CPU usage was peaking at 85%. I started REAPER and the same arrangement used 30% max.

Basically, if you are serious about your music, you should learn to use less userfriendly apps, like cubase. You WILL be much better off on the long run if you learn it from the start. Using cubase/protools/reaper... is not as hard as it may seem.

xcc

Yeah I know, I'm not too serious about doing recordings, I just want to get ideas to life and maybe make a demo or something. Have to sound okay tho, not Metallica okey, just okey:p I also have downloaded the Addictive Drums demo, I guess it works with any software?

Bridge The Void

Everything on these Myspaces has been done with Kristal so far:

Light of Sound

Solo stuff

CaptainFantastik

What hardware would one need to get into using Tracktion 3? I was just checking out the Mackie site and this software seems to be what i'm looking for. I've never been into PC recording so I don't know what hardware I would need to compliment the software package.

iheartsquires

protools FTW

Guram C.

My favorite is Reaper. It's cheap and very powerful.

But there are DAWs you can try. You can start with free DAWs, get used to them, and then try a premium one.

You can find free DAWs here - https://apartmentrecording.com/best-free-daws/

Post to Thread