Boogie Mark IV

Updated
Boogie Mark IV
Finally got my Mark IV! It's ridiculous. Sold my dual rec, although i still miss that too... Mark IV= WIN:evil
sean106OCD

clips? Thanks! :)

Butch

Sounds sweet dude.

you miced it?

and where did you buy this and how much?

(sorry for the barrage of questions)

Rich

thanks dude!

yea sm57...through some shitty m audio box into my garageband...but its kinda crappy cause i had too much gain on...also i had the amp volume mad low cause it was late

i bought it near my house at an authorized mesa dealer for 1900, with tax it was a lil over $2050 or so

Rich

i cringe because i played so sloppily on that recording haha :(

esp_gaijin

Finally got my Mark IV! It's ridiculous. Sold my dual rec, although i still miss that too...

Mark IV= WIN:evil

i REALLY like the mark iv way much over rectifiers, having now owned both.

i was able to get the notchy sound i liked in recs, but without the loose elongated crunch that i myself don't like about the recs at all, i know some people specifically want that, but i don't,
i like tight dry tones like the vht's and splawns give me,
and the mark iv did also.

just sold my mark iv pending payment, but i may buy one again in the future;
right now i gotta get a few other things lined up, most critically i don't have space in current abode for a 3rd amp;
but hoping later in '08 to have more room for more amps in a new abode.

i wouldn't have sold it if they were some discontinued can't-buy-again item; but they're around everywhere so i chose to sell it for now.
i think it's a fantastic amp though.

Butch

yeah, not bad playing tho.

wow $2050 for a head alone is pricy.

what cab?

Rich

too bad you sold your mark, esp_gaijin. I agree though, its not rare or anything so you can just get it again later on if you choose.

i have 2 Mesa 4x12 recto cabs, but i really only use one. they run for about 900-1000 each i think. I bought them about a year ago, so I dont remember.

well, 2050 is with the tax. it was 1899...200 bucks more than a dual rec.
believe me, I know it seems like a lot. haha...but when u really compare its not that bad..vhts, bogners, diezels are like in the 3-5k range (without tax included). the mark iv is just as good/better (personal preference) for considerably less. i played some vhts and bogners and i didn't like either of them that much...they were pretty good, but not worth the price and it seemed like i kept dialing in scratchy tones. i played the diezel vh4 and that amp was worth the money for sure. but, i played the mark iv and found out i preferred the way that sounded over the diezel, which worked out great financially hah.

this amp nails metallica tone from live shit binge and purge san diego. if you listen to lamb of god, thats a pretty good idea of what this amp sounds like too. (especially on ashes of the wake cd)

Bridge The Void

yeah, not bad playing tho.

what cab?

With the currency conversion that'd be a steal in the UK |I

Invin

I don't suppose anyone knows of a good place to check out a Mark IV in Canada?

dongh1217

sweet amp mate!

No matter what, IV will hold up its value better than recto. I just sold my C+ for 3X more than what I paid for:evil

load more replies (1 of 1)
robbo22

man, no offence or anything, but i think that sounds shit.

EchoSix

man, no offence or anything, but i think that sounds shit.

Phail. The guy just got his and it takes time to get used to the little beast. I guarantee if you had it for over a week you'd think differently. Mark IV is win.

Congrats btw!

ZephMan

Uh, not really. Have you ever seen the Uber? I think it goes for about $3500

Gfunk

Uh, not really. Have you ever seen the Uber? I think it goes for about $3500

Yo Einstein, he was talking about a Mark IV. Stay in school.

;)

chevy Z 302

so it either has to be a tuner or a noise gate

no need for a tuner in a rack IMO, get the gate if thats what you need.

themisfit138

I use to have a Duel Recto until I played a Mark IV, the Recto sounded good but it just wasn't the sound I wanted the Mark IV was the crunch I was after.

AnubisUnbound

Mark IV is awesome, congrats.

Definitely have the ending breakdown riff from As I lay Dyings 'Through Struggle' in that song you posted haha. Sounds good though

Rich

oh mannn i just listened and its really really close...which is why i dont like breakdowns hahaah but they can sound good if used sparingly...this is one of our only songs with breakdowns

AnubisUnbound

Its cool though. Im a huge as I lay dying fan actually, thats my favorite song, lol. But about the boogie, ive had mine for like 6 years, and I still play with the tones. Its like you never stop messing with it. Your always finding ways to adjust and get sweeter tones out of it. Its really a great fucking amp...

AnubisUnbound

Right on... Ill probably never get rid of it. If you ever want to swap settings or need tips or anything shoot me a PM.

Post to Thread