good cheap amps?

Updated
DEFchime
i am trying to find a good amp company that doesnt charge outrageous prices i am currently using a line 6 spider 3 15 watt for recording and at home practicing wich i dont think is that bad but people say otherwise,... and i am using a beringer 150 watt (not mine its the seccond guitarists who switched to drums) which i use for band practice and shows i want to get a 150 wat spider 3 but i dont know what to expect from it i dont want to have to pay more than a grand for it i was starting to look into krank amps but i think they might b a bit procey i play nu-metal, industrial grunge, and i dont know what to classify meshuggah as plz help and plz dont post things like "bitch just give-in and get-a-marshall"
___KC___

the spider halfstacks are great for the price imo, ive got a spider II halfstack (hd-75 i think), and love it. they are great for metal, cleans aren't so good... but when distorted is awesome. I recommend it, but im sure at least five other people with expensive tube amps are going to tell you that the spiders are shit, but they are very decent amps.

jsp

Used 5150.

MV-CTM

randalls are pretty good for a cheap half-stack, RH series G2/G3

nivek41

Carvin make a couple of awesome heads under 1K.

I love my Peavey JSX which I bought new for 1K on ebay. You probably can get one used for 750-800.

JeanPaul du Vinnie

Peavey JSX is always a good choice, indeed. Superb value for the money.

DEFchime

well i think im goin to go with the line 6 spider 3 120 watt combo amp

MikeAmottV2006

I have a new in box Randall V2 head on ebay right now starting bid at $700 with no reserve. No bids yet and only a day left on it. Free shipping to a forum member. There is a link on the last page of the spam thread in general discussion.

ZephMan

good cheap amps?

:lol

Dark Alone

Boy Cliffton, you're on a roll with being chok full of shit.

If I were on a budget, and didn't have my Mesa shit, I would totally be rocking a Valve King. Awesome amps, and not just for the money. They're just all around great. Very versatile.

LordCliffton

Boy Cliffton, you're on a roll with being chok full of shit.

If I were on a budget, and didn't have my Mesa shit, I would totally be rocking a Valve King. Awesome amps, and not just for the money. They're just all around great. Very versatile.

Exactly why am I "chock full of shit" if the sound of an amp disgusts ME? I said "to my ears".. can you read or are you illiterate? :confused::x

nivek41

The Randall V2 is a great amp. 700 is a fair price for it too. I don't want to speak for MikeAmottV2006 but I'm sure he'll knock a couple hundred off of the price being you are on the forums. j/k

Dark Alone

Thanks for sharing. No one really cares what you have to say in case you didn't notice.

LordCliffton

That's ok. I'm sorry you feel that way. Way to be mature. Carry on in your ignorance-the VK still = shit.

Dark Alone

Is it? I thought that was just your opinin. Now you're speaking quite definitively. Hm.

LordCliffton

yes, definitively-(my, that's a big word.. big like refrigerator! lolz), to me(of course) that amp sucks. there are plenty better amps available. who fucking cares.. why has this become a pissing contest, about a VK of all things? *shakes head*

Dark Alone

Beat it.

Dark Alone

That video > anything you will ever do, ever.

LordCliffton

That video > anything you will ever do, ever.

likewise. :D

Post to Thread