Noob Question

Updated
mazen
okay... noob question... because i'm an amp newbie... so: so i'm gonna be buying a roland jc-120, and i wanted to know if it's possible to connect a preamp to it and use its speakers as the preamp's cab or speakers? i want to get a mesa boogie triaxis soon, so i want to know if i can connect it to the jc-120 in any way possible...?
esp_gaijin

possible? yes
sound good? meh
good idea? IMO no
a triaxis is an expensive tube preamp, doesn't make sense to put it thru an inexpensive solid state power amp.
and if you were going to run a triaxis thru a poorman's poweramp & cab, you could find that for even cheaper than a JC120; but again none of that matchup makes any sense. it's like buying a Porsche, and then putting 4 "mini spare" temporary tires on it that came from 4 Ford Fiestas. a huge WTF ensues.

OutlawTorn

possible? yes
sound good? meh
good idea? IMO no
a triaxis is an expensive tube preamp, doesn't make sense to put it thru an inexpensive solid state power amp.
and if you were going to run a triaxis thru a poorman's poweramp & cab, you could find that for even cheaper than a JC120; but again none of that matchup makes any sense. it's like buying a Porsche, and then putting 4 "mini spare" temporary tires on it that came from 4 Ford Fiestas. a huge WTF ensues.

+1

i had a H&K solid state and added a pre-peavy damage control demonizer pre amp to the front of it...it improved the sound...but i wouldnt recommend running a tri-axis through a JC-120, besides 8 to 900 for that combo is a bit high for what u want

Post to Thread