SUPER n00b ENGL powerball question!

Updated
slash13
okay, i'm probably sounding like a moron, but on the powerball, is there a gain control for each channel? b/c my friend said there is not, and that theres preset gain levels for each channel. is this true? =0
DeathrollJM

there is a gain control for each channel, there are only 2 channels and a gain knob at each channel, so no brainer...it has gain controls for each channel

slash13

lol okay. cool, thank you!

:p

load more replies (1 of 1)
Deadpulse

^wrong

Channels 1 and 2 share pre-amp eq knobs (including gain) and channels 3 and 4 share theirs. Each channel has it's own volume, and then there's a Master A and Master B volume with global presence and depth knobs

DeathrollJM

^wrong

Channels 1 and 2 share pre-amp eq knobs (including gain) and channels 3 and 4 share theirs. Each channel has it's own volume, and then there's a Master A and Master B volume with global presence and depth knobs

oh yes i forgot bout that...though i hear from this "setup" you kinda only get 2 channels since the gain controls are shared...if i believe right, or this could be the savage im not sure.

Deadpulse

The main problem is the presence and depth controls. You can get a wicked dirty sound on channels 3 and 4, but then your clean and crunch suffer a bit or vice versa. I've found a nice balance where I like the way all of it sounds (I don't use channel 4) by using the MXR-10 band. But if you're really picky, it might piss you off. I know a few people on this board have complained about it a lot more than I have.

chevy Z 302

i've never had any problem with the pb's shared eq, i dont think anyone really should if they'd take the time to dial it in.

Deadpulse

I find that at bedroom volumes it's not so noticable but at gigging volumes, the presence and depth really come into play and fuck with you

DeathrollJM

I find that at bedroom volumes it's not so noticable but at gigging volumes, the presence and depth really come into play and fuck with you

lol, i've experienced this with all amps that have that sort of function built into them.

Post to Thread