Crate Blue Voodoo

Updated
savageshredder
so any of you dudes here own(ed) one? I hear these are one of the better sounding bang of the buck amps especially when they're installed with el34's
Total Eclipse

They are indeed bang for buck amps. I used one for about 2 years. Got it for $400 used. I had Mesa 6L6GC's in it, so I cant say anything about EL34 BV tone...

It used to break, alot. Once right i the middle of a gig. Thank GOD I had a backup GX900 head. I had to have jacks replaced, have alot of the internal soldering redone.

If you can get one used for cheap, its worth it. I would never pay full jerk for another Crate tube head.

ampartic

Why would you want such a toneless piece of crap? Any self respecting musician would stay clear away from crate. If you're on a budget get something else.

savageshredder

Why would you want such a toneless piece of crap? Any self respecting musician would stay clear away from crate. If you're on a budget get something else.

dude listen to into battle from the band ensiferum before making crappy comments

load more replies (1 of 1)
Roadhouse

I have one its a decent amp. I have had no trouble with mine either. Its an older combo non master volume. I can get good tones outta mine.

Mr Pigwalk

Our other guitar player uses it and it's got a very clear and crushing tone. A little on the loose side of thig, but nasty as all hell.

On the bad side, it's not nearly loud enough. At 10 it's close to my Vetta at half power at 5. Also it's GODDAMN NOISY. I think it might just be a dud, it was 350 at a pawn shop.

savageshredder

a lil on the losse side is what I need since I still play in E standard tuning
all those tight ones sound better when detuning.
I need an aggressive sound for E standard

Post to Thread