bare knucle pickups

Updated
TheEnemy
Ive seen a lot of stuff lately about those pickup anyone use them? Are they way better than duncan or dimarzio? Explain a bit pls
tmoori

I have a miracle man in the bridge of my RG. Its really tight and great for pinch harmonics! I love it!

Lupet

i have the miracle man as well on the bridge and mule on the neck on my custom mirage.

the miracle man is not really very hi output but it handles the gain very well. Very puchy and articulate. Notes are really define and harmonics are very easy to do.

The mule, well i don't really use the neck pichup very much, so i can't really say much about it, sorry.

espsy

Tim at bare knuckle pickups winds the Miracle man pups to be similar to EMGs but in a passive format. Thats what he told me anyway.

Lupet

i don't know man, they sure have different response to my gain setting. I have a 90's horizon and an old jackson US dinky with 81s as their bridge pickups, they just sound more "gainy" than the miracle man. Might be the amp though, i'm using a line 6 spider. :-p. I'll choose the miracle man, nevertheless.

espsy

I use EMGs alot and i kinda agree with you to be honest, i have a guitar with a miracle man pickup and it does sound quite different to the EMGs

load more replies (1 of 1)
ESPimperium

I have always wanted to see what getting a Nailbomb put in the bridge of my EC-1000VHB would do to it.

BKPs and SD Blackouts are the pickups that most intregue me the most.

ESPimperium

Im gonna try and get a Nailbomb for my Eclipse Delux i think, maybes a chrome covered one to change up the look of my EC-1000VHB a little, maybes get a chrome covered 59' for the neck as well, get both coil tapped for versitility and im shure that will be the ultimate Eclipse you could have.

Keeping both the current JB/59' for a future project.

Guitarslingerans

Yo Hermzy,

Could you do me a favor and explain to me the difference between these BKs and say, my 18 volt 85 (b)/81(n) combo? What would be the best BK to be comparable to the 85 in the bridge?

-Ans-

hermz

Yo Hermzy,

Could you do me a favor and explain to me the difference between these BKs and say, my 18 volt 85 (b)/81(n) combo? What would be the best BK to be comparable to the 85 in the bridge?

-Ans-

The closest thing to the EMG-85 in the bridge would have to be a Warpig. They both have a low, beastly growl. I'd recommend getting one with a ceramic magnet if you like that colder EMG feel. As for the 81 in the neck, it's hard to say. I have a Warpig in the neck of my Angelus and it does have that round, clear, yet gainy tone - but the Miracle Man might do a better job of that if it's modelled after the 81. No BKPs are going to sound the same as your EMGs, but they are great at being heavy yet extremely responsive and articulate, and they certainly won't cover up your mistakes.

SuperDuperNaut

hey hermz, also do you think when you get the nailbomb in you could compare it to the war pig? I've been looking at these pickups too and so I just wanted to try and get a side by side review of those two! thanks!

Post to Thread