Best Cab For Peavey 6505

Updated
japs5607
Currently using a randall with celestion super lead 16's But i want a more chunky sound Suggestions please
espsy

From my experience anything with V30's works well with the 6505/5150. So maybe a Framus dragon cab or a Mesa 4x12.

esp_gaijin

From my experience anything with V30's works well with the 6505/5150.

i TOTALLY 2nd (or 3rd or 4th or however late i am to this convo ) that.

granted i've only tried the peavey sheffield-equipped cab vs. v30 cabs,
but the v30s sounded great with the amp , they tamed some of its possibly harsh high mids imo.

sheffield speakers are absolute poop imo; harsh, brittle, cheap sounding, etc.

ime with other amps, the celestion g1275t's altho good speakers are more in the upper mid range and i wouldn't mate them to a 5150, but is jmo and i haven't tested this.

load more replies (1 of 1)
japs5607

A lot of people have said the v 30's are the way to go think i need to try a cab equipped with them

Bridge The Void

A lot of people have said the v 30's are the way to go think i need to try a cab equipped with them

Once you try, you will believe :D

load more replies (1 of 1)
espsy

I think you'll like em. Tight low end, punchy mids, smooth highs and they always sound alot louder than alot of other speakers due to their dB level. I mean how many bands do you know that use V30's!? Theres alot!!!

If you have the means id say get a MESA Recto 4x12.

BrazilianBootyLover

Mesa recto cab

espdood

I did have a mesa recto 2x12 with the v30's and it had too much mids, but then again..my 5150 II was sounding a bit off at the time. I was planning on getting a Marshall 1960 with the gt-75's as I've heard from the 5150 users that its an amazing combo and opens up the amp more.

the_emptier

vader

Post to Thread