Ernie ball Strings

Updated
Mahalo
I usually use D'Addarios on my guitars. Decided to try a set of Ernie ball strings and they sounded and felt great for about 5 days (playing 2 or 3 hours a day). The D'Addarios usually last for a few weeks at least. Has anyone else experienced this with Ernie ball?
ibanezaholic

yes i was a EB super slinky user for 4 years. then i discoverd GHS boomers. IMO there the same strings but last 5 times longer. when i used EB's they would die out in 2 or 3 days.

Mahalo

yes i was a EB super slinky user for 4 years. then i discoverd GHS boomers. IMO there the same strings but last 5 times longer. when i used EB's they would die out in 2 or 3 days.

Boomers are the same strings as Ernie ball, huh?

Cool. Have to give them a try

Thanks

Bridge The Void

String life has never been a massive problem for me. I still prefer D'addarios though.

IbaDavez

D'addarios last for ages for me.. i do need to go get some new ones tho, but it has been a long time

K1N5L4Y3R

DR Strings

'nuff said

espdood

D'addario- has sealed vacuumed packages so once opened, they're fresh and ready to go. Not sure if that's the case why they last longer, but they do from my experiences. Best strings for me and you can buy a 10 pack for like 30 bucks.

Ernie Ball strings tend to die on me and start "rusting" quicker.

GHS Boomers sound awesome and have their own distinctive sound, but I've used those for a few years..and they didn't seem to last long each time.

SIT- Doesn't have that nice sound that the D'Addarios have, but they do last just as much, but they're hard on my fingers.

Dean Markley Blue Steel- Made my fingers bleed, but have great sound though! lol

DR strings-Never tried those, but heard good things about it.

D'addario takes my pick!

All the strings I've used are 9-42 gauges.

Leviathan

I use the EB green pack(I think .10-.46) and recently I have been having the same problem with the strings rusting after a few days of playing.

Bridge The Void

Everyone seems to have differing experiences with string brands.

I think that means...they're all the same.

arsiscode

I problem I have with Ernie Ball Strings is that they aren't sealed in air tight bags. By the time the strings are shipped to a store, somebody buys hem and puts them on a guitar, they are already old strings.

That being said... I play D'ads.

ibanezaholic

''Boomers - strings break too easy(I kind of doubt that they are relabled ernie ''

lol i didnt say they were relabled ernie ball. i said they sound and feel similar. but last longer.

xnatex

i have been using EB regular slinkies for as long as i can remember. i have tried DA, GHS, and DRs. GHS and DA broke real quick. i loved the DRs but they were more expensive than my EBs. so i have always come back to EBs. i have been suggested to try out the EB slinky top heavy bottom. so that will be next.

MV-CTM

I've had the set of EB's on my V since this summer, still sounds fine.

JoeBender

It's weird how everyone has such different experiences with strings... for me, I've always used D'Addarios, and they work great for me. I tried DRs one time, and they got old pretty quick, so I'm just sticking with D'Addarios.

edit: I forgot, I also tried GHS Boomers once, I remember them being good. I may just try them again. :)

curtainofblood

yeah. i play really aggressive slap bass and that's what i used to use. they lose brightness in about a week and start to sound mellow. now i use rotosounds.. they've stayed pretty bright and i've had them for about two beeks

ibanezaholic

yea thats why i use to use EB now i use ghs Boomers they feel and sound the same but last 10x longer.

Post to Thread