Digitech Whammy?

Updated
bloodstyle
well.. I have a guitar without a whammy bars... and i would like to have the effects of a whammy (of course). and i was thinking about buying a digitech whammy pedal but i haven't tried yet. just want to know the opinion of you guys. and BTW. I'd sure love the harmonie effect on this pedal :P
KH Guitar Freak

The feel and tone of a whammy isn't exactly the same as a whammy bar, but I definitely recommend that if you are finding a whammy pedal...

The Sloth

The Whammy pedal is a lot of fun and is a great way to get a lot of 'unique' sounds from the guitar.

The whammy doesnt give you the same sound as a whammy bar but you can get a similiar effect. It could be good to use in an exaggerated way.

You'd really have to try it and see if that is what you want.

shakeESP

a lot of 'unique' sounds

The only guitarist I've ever heard who has made this pedal sound "unique" would have to be Tom Morello. Apart from that, you're just gonna sound like DragonForce or something.

It sounds nothing like a whammy bar imo. :lol But if you want a "whammy pedal" then that is obviously the one to go for.

-Chris

Dark Alone

The only guitarist I've ever heard who has made this pedal sound "unique" would have to be Tom Morello. Apart from that, you're just gonna sound like DragonForce or something.

Apparently you never listened to Satriani or Dimebag or Vai or any of the countless others who put their shit to better use than Tom "HACK" Morello.

load more replies (3 of 3)
The Sloth

The only guitarist I've ever heard who has made this pedal sound "unique" would have to be Tom Morello.

:confused:

I can assure you there are more people that make weird sounds with a whammy!

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say. The fact that you can only think of one person does not mean that it cannot be used for making "unique" sounds.

esp_gaijin

"USED 2 IN HIS RIG"

ooohh...i wanna chain several together and see just what the hell it can do maxed out. :D just imagine, raising the pitch to max on the first, then sending signal to 2nd and maxing it, etc. etc.

same for lowering,

bee zarre.

chevy Z 302

Apparently you never listened to Satriani or Dimebag or Vai or any of the countless others who put their shit to better use than Tom "HACK" Morello.

yea or KIRK HAMMETT!!!:mad:

:p

espdood

Buckethead also puts it to good use!

Dark Alone

Buckethead also puts it to good use!

Yeah, Paul Gilbert knows his stuff.

load more replies (1 of 1)
wildchild

Bah
my friend just got one of these, and when he plugs it in and its all set up, nothing happens when he uses the pedal. any ideas? and yes it is turned on by the stomp button thing.

Swamp

Interesting I never saw a decent pic of his Krank rig, care to share?

Dark Alone

He'll never spill the beans. That would kill the mystery. But watching both, and their physique, and their hands, and the fact that Buckethead never reveals himself to ANYONE, not even Ozzy Ozbourne, tells me that he's hiding something, and that something is the fact that he's Paul Gilbert's gag on the guitar-playing world.

JoeBender

There's a picture of his face when he was younger, I'll try to get it right now.

Brono

He'll never spill the beans. That would kill the mystery. But watching both, and their physique, and their hands, and the fact that Buckethead never reveals himself to ANYONE, not even Ozzy Ozbourne, tells me that he's hiding something, and that something is the fact that he's Paul Gilbert's gag on the guitar-playing world.
being a very big gilbert fanboi, watching countless videos of the dude, and having seen some BH vids. Im very confident its not the same guy. Buckethead can do a lot of things paul gilbert just cant do. For eg finger picking, BH is really good at, paul gilbert is not, and same with 2 handed tapping.
and besides the whole idea of him pretending to be someone else for so long is pretty silly.
and im sure i saw someone dig up some contradicting tourdates of BH and PG, but i dont have proof.

but anyway im not even sure if you are serious or just stirring. But i know some people really believe so.

Dark Alone

;)

JoeBender

Yeah, another this is though, from that picture above you can see a ring on Pauls left hand, while if you look at Buckethead's left hand... NO RING!

Dark Alone

Yeah, another this is though, from that picture above you can see a ring on Pauls left hand, while if you look at Buckethead's left hand... NO RING!

Yes, because clearly, once rings go on, they NEVER come off.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread