Mesa Studio Pre and Simu 2:90

Updated
daddydoomsday
Has anyone played through this set up? Is it a good setup for metal? Just wondering what you guys think. Thanks
DeathIsMyJustice

I aint tryed a Mesa Studio but I owned a 2:90 for some time (with a Triaxis) and thought it was a killer power amp...

riku

I have a Studio Pre. It's not idea for metal, it's better at heavy rock.

Dark Alone

Monty is the man to ask about the Studio preamp. From what I understand, it's either close to Mark IIC+ specs, or you can have it modded to those specs. In which case I'd say you're just fine for metal.

daddydoomsday

Cool, Thanks guys.

Dark Alone

I only have one cabinet. I have no interest in doing any kind of wacky stereo effects. I track 2 guitars for any recordings I do, left and right. So mono is really all I need.

Dark Alone

You don't have to, but I do for that reason.

Dark Alone

Everyone thinks that you need to have like this insane amount of gain to play metal. Fucking tone noobs. EQ your shit properly and you can sound TEH BR00TULZZ with minimal gain.

TREVA

Everyone thinks that you need to have like this insane amount of gain to play metal. Fucking tone noobs. EQ your shit properly and you can sound TEH BR00TULZZ with minimal gain.

+1.000

Metaldude30

Damn noobz, dude u stole the fuck out of that thing man, and listen to Drew! Oh and I ain't baggin on ya bro!!

daddydoomsday

I know, for example on my Ampeg VH140c, I keep my gain at 5 and its plenty. Just some amps are voiced differently. I appreciate all the help guys. Cant wait to get that shit out of lay-away.

Post to Thread