EMG grounding

Updated
Mateusz K.

Hello,

I own ESP M-II and I replaced passive Duncans with EMG 57/66.

I hear some slight noise from guitar, which should not occur on EMG (despite I touch the strings or not). I know that EMG should not be string ground, but I ignored grouping in pickup cavities too - I suspect this may be a reason.

Can I ask for information, how to connect those two wires, which are screwed to bottom of pickup cavities? Where they are connected in guitars with factory equipped EMGs?

Pushead

They attach to the grounded paint in the pickup and control cavity. In theory, the paint in the cavities will ground to the cases of the pots. But, if you have a bare wire, or feel like running one of your own, you can wire it to the back of the pots like the other grounds in the system.

But EMG pickups aren't completely silent. The fact that you're getting a slight noise from the pickups when you're not playing isn't surprising.

Nathan G.

Having a really odd issue where when I have my pedal plugged in my guitar sounds fine although my tone and volume do not work, but when I do not I can’t hear the guitar only feedback. Just bought this used ltd ec 1000 deluxe for cheap but it needs work for sure was also wondering were these stray grounds my culprit or do I need to resolder? (Yes I’ve replaced the 9v.)

Nathan G.

Nathan G.

Nathan G.

Never mind I feel like an ass haha literally just solved my problem while asking.. 

Post to Thread