Weak seymour duncan pickups

Updated
Alex L.

Hi! I got some Seymour Duncan pickups (Custom humbucker in the bridge and two STK-S4 Classic Stack Plus single-coils in middle and neck) and the neck and middle pickups are much weaker compared to the bridge pickup. I have the neck and middle pickups excessively raised and the bridge pickup lowered flush with the pick guard and the bridge pickup is just as loud as the neck and middle pickups. I want the bridge pickup to be higher to get better tone but then I can't use the neck and middle because of the volume difference. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Cheers, Alex

metalhobo

those classic stacks I think are about as loud as a vintage strat pickup. which is to say not loud at all. even a low-output humbucker like a paf is going to overpower them. that's by design. it lets you have you overdrive sound on the humbucker then switch to the single coil for a more clean sound without changing setting or channels.

if you want more balanced volume the fairest solution would be to swap out the stk-s4s for something hotter. like a cool rails, or even a hot rails. I also really like the "custom" ssl-5 or ssl-6, but those aren't hum canceling if you care about that. the custom stack stk-s6 might also be a good solution but I've never tried it before.

Post to Thread