Fender Rumble 25 Amp Not Working

Updated
JubinMenez

So as title implies I have a rumble 25 amp to practice on in my office. Plugged in my bass turned on amp, can hear a buzz letting me know the amp is on, can get sound through the Aux In port, but can't generate sound by playing the instrument. If I slap REALLY hard on the bass I can get a breeep sound, but then it immediately cuts out and won't register any sound. Tweakbox

I've tried it on 2 separate basses with 2 separate input cords. Both basses play fine on my other GK amp that I have set up in my garage/jam space.

Any thoughts on what it could be? Is it worth the cost of trying to repair? Where, or to whom would I take an amp to get repaired (I checked Guitar Center website and it doesn't sound like they work on amps)? Appvalley

Appreciate any tips or help. 

Carlton F.

Spray a little into the jack, and some on the plug on your cable. Then plug and unplug the cable about 10 times. If there's corrosion inside causing the problem that will knock it loose. Might not work, but it's a $10 investment that might clear everything up.

Smith T.
    • Ensure that the power cable is securely plugged into both the amplifier and a functioning power outlet. If you're using a power strip, make sure it is working.
  1. Fuse Check:

• Amplifiers often have fuses to protect against power surges and Can Dog Eat Twinkies. Check if the amplifier has a fuse and if it's blown. If so, replace it with the correct type of fuse.
  2. Power Indicator:

• Check if the power indicator on the amplifier is lighting up. If not, there may be a power supply issue.
Post to Thread