Neck Cracking Noise

Updated
Nic S.

My E-II Eclipse Evertune makes a cracking sound everytime I do a full tone bend on the high e string fifth fret and also on other places when doing big bends. How do I get rid of this?

Pushead

Any chance you could make a video of it? Hard to determine, but most "cracking" I'm used to hearing is from the string binding in the nut.

Nic S.

Here's a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcw7Z-p-MEo (sorry it's really quiet)

The truss rod cover is on but I think the noise comes from the middle of the neck. The weird thing is, when I tighten or loosen the truss rod a tiny bit, the noise gone but comes back after a while.

Guiguitarz

Do you have a Truss Rod cover ? Sometimes they are to tight to the nut and when the neck bends a bit they can release a "crack sound".

Pictures or videos are welcome.

-G.

Pushead

That is an odd one. It doesn't sound like the string binding in the nut. If you have some nut lube, graphite or even a pencil, I'd suggest trying that in the nut slot anyway.

It's odd because it comes after you've completed the bend, before you release it. Not while you're bending.

I know you said it comes from the middle of the neck, but that seems a strange place for it. Can you put a bit of pressure on the headstock (not while playing) and get it to make the same snap? How about wiggling the high E tuner? I don't have any experience with the Evertune, is there a place there that may be making the sound?

John L.

It sounds like it has something to do with the Evertune bridge and the way it is adjusted to enable string bending,

Post to Thread