Noob FR Question-Can/Do Fine Tuners affect Bridge Balance?

Updated
Pat Winters

Hey all,

I just bought my first (Original) Floyd Rose equipped guitar, a used KH-602. I got it professionally set up a few days ago and today I noticed it was slightly out of tune. I attempted to tune it up via the fine tuners, but after I did (unsuccessfully, mind you), I noticed that the floating bridge seemed to be a bit off. It appears to have fallen away from the neck (no longer parallel to the body). 

Two questions.

From the pics, does it look as if I'm correct in noting that the bridge is off? If it is, I adjust it via taking off the back plate and loosening the screws a bit, right? 

And is it the case that I need to be wary of using the fine tuners from now on, as using them can offset the bridge? I haven't come across that in my reading, but I guess it makes sense considering you change the string tension when you tune.

Many thanks for any advice given. This is my first FR; I knew there would be bumps in the road but I'm hoping to make it work. 

-Pat

Pushead

The bridge looks properly setup in this photo. The base plate (the part with Floyd Rose engraved on it) should be parallel with the body.

The fine tuners shouldn't affect the balance so much that it will be noticeable.

Post to Thread