Floyd Rose Problem

Updated
Johny2Wong

Hi all,

I have an E-II M-II. After I bought it, I changed the tuning to drop D. Last week, I changed back to E standard. I know very little about setting up guitar with FR. All I know the bridge should be paralel with the body. So, I adjust the back spring to make it paralel to the body. I also adjust the two pivots at the front to lower the action a bit.

My problem is the claw at the back of the guitar isn't paralel anymore. It's tilted to one side. Here is the photo

These are photos of my bridge

There are the photos of my action

My question:

- Is it OK if the back claw isn't paralel ?

- Is my bridge paralel or tilted to one side ?

- I use 9 gauge string. It's very comfortable for playing. The buzz only happens if I hit the string hard and mostly occur on 6th and 5th string. Is my action enough or too low ?

Thanks.

John L.

The claw needs to be straight, not angled. This is required so that the springs have the same tension!

Action should be fine. Maybe raise it on the bass side.

Francisco S.

I know I am very late to this thread but I have the same setup and same guitar, maybe the finish is different (drop D tunning too). I found that this method could potentially be "wrong" but it sets the action on the higher strings lower and the bass side strings lower while it removes all buzzing notes. I adjusted the overall action on the bass side higher and it is as low as it could ever be. It removed all the buzz, even if I strum the 5th and 6th string really hard. It also allowed me to play the 24th fret on all strings whilst pulling the floyd rose all the way up without getting amy interruptions on my notes.

I don't see how it could mess up anything on the guitar, and if the spring goes bad you can get the original springs on amazon for a very low price.

Post to Thread