The Fake ESP Thread

Updated
The Fake ESP Thread

Pushead and I are here to help verify ESP and LTD guitars. If you have, or are looking to buy a guitar that you're unsure of, post pictures and questions in this thread. Please post clear pictures of the front and back of the headstock, the fretboard, and the front and back of the body. Preferably before you buy anything.

Anyone else is free to offer suggestions on authenticity. If you answer a post, please tell us why you think it's real or fake.

Pushead

Yep, the kami is good.

Aaron G.

How can you tell if you don’t mind me asking

Aaron G.

I was told that it is probably not authentic because there is no certificate of authenticity or made in Japan marking. That was someone from guitar center so I’m not sure that they really knew for sure what they were talking about. Someone had it before me so I’m not sure if it’s history. Is there any sure signs that would authenticate it? Thanks

Giga B.

I'm having trouble identifying the model and year, is this legit?

Pushead

It's an early 90s Mirage.

Crunch

Hi, I recently bought an 2012 ESP Standard Series Eclipse-1. It came with its original hard shell case; the case has a barcode label on it. I attached a picture of the barcode label to this post, along with pictures of the guitar itself. Is this an actual 2012 ESP Standard Series Eclipse-1, or is it a fake? Thank you so much for your assistance.

Crunch

Here's a closeup of the ESP Standard Series logo on the back of the headstock, as it appeared to be blurry in my previous post.

Pushead

It's legit. A 2012 Eclipse I.

Crunch

Thank you!

Wouter M.

Well hello ESP forums, i am looking too buy this ESP LTD Explorer which according too the seller [he atleast thinks so] is made in 1998. i have never had an guitar from ESP so i hope you guys can help me out a little.

i did my best too find info on seriel numbers ect but i am just not a 100% sure if it is real. the seriel nuumber [as shown in 1 of the pics] is written in the fretboard and is 45050, i could not find any info as too how that works.. the numbers just make no sense too me. i hope you guys could maybe help me a bit

Also the seller has replaced the tuners [one of the original ones is broken]. and he also still has the original trussrod cover.

Leonardo D.

Hi, could you help me on these guitar? Sorry for the low quality pictures, those are the seller's. He is a little far from me so I'm trying to make sure is legit before meeting him.

Pushead

The LTD Explorer is legit.

The Eclipse above is super fake. In fact, it's been in this thread at least once already and isn't getting any less fake.

Wouter M.

ah, thanks for the help

Rob T.

How about this MX250. Can't quite make out the SN...assuming it is real.

Nic C.

So I’m supposed to grab this tomorrow and just wanted to make sure it was legit and what it’s worth would be. Thanks so much!

Pushead

The MX is legit. The truss rod cover is a replacement.

The Steph is also legit. A 2006 custom shop model. Pickups don't appear to be original.

Crunch

Has anyone here worked with Ryu on Reverb before? Ryu is very helpful, and based on the pictures provided in the listing here, procures ESP custom shop MX-II's in Japan. Can anyone confirm the authenticity of this MX-II?

Here is the link to the pictures: https://reverb.com/item/38826766-esp-mx-2-mx-ii-mx-250-mxii-2020-snow-white

Pushead

Ryu is in a group on Facebook that I visit. Everything I've seen has worked out smoothly with him. The guitar is legit.

Phil O.

Kinda beat, but how about this LTD Explorer? No hard shell case, but the pickups seem correct? I'm also guessing the truss rod cover isn't original? Thanks in advance!

Pushead

It's legit. A 1997 LTD EXP-200. Those are the right pickups for the first year of the model, as is the 2 dots at the 12th fret instead of the LTD logo. Looks like it's lived a rough life. That board is beat.

Post to Thread