Can anyone help identifying if this Eclipse is real or not?

Updated
Robert W.

I'm looking into buying a ESP Eclipse and I just wanted help verifying that the one I am looking at is in fact real. Also if it is real would anyone know aproximately what year this model is?

Thanks!

Nathan S.

Looks good to me. The only thing I see is the nut. Pretty sure it would have been a bone nut from factory, but someone could have switched it out for the Earvanna compensated that is on it. But it does appear to be real. S/N and logos are in right place, still has the silver made in Japan sticker which is correct for 2006. Looks like a nice guitar. 

jt76

Definitely real - same as mine except mine has some modifications - eclipse ii -  finish is amber cherry sunburst - I agree I thing the nut has been changed everything else looks stock.   i think they were made from 2004 - 2013 so you would need to find someone that can read the serial numbers to date it exactly 

Nathan S.

I thought that serial # format was SS for standard series and then the first 2 #'s was the year made. Am I incorrect in my thinking? My Eclipse is SS07 so I always thought it was a 2007.

Christopher H.

Not sure if its legit or not but I remember the Eclipse SS models having gotoh magnum lock tuners not sperzals... sperzals are cheaper for whatever thats worth.

jt76

The earlier models had Sperzel tuners, and at some point they switched to Gotoh

Nathan S.

Looking at the 2006 product archives sperzels were stock. Looks like 2007 was when they switched to gotoh which furthers my serial # understanding of SS standard series and then year because my SS07 eclipse had the tuners changed to sperzels.

Post to Thread