Neck might be tilted on my guitar

Updated
Turtle m.

I have a 2012 ESP KH-DC. It's always had a bit of fret buzz but it really never bothered me but last week I got my guitar back from a setup and it seems worse then before. The luthier told me that the neck was tilted and as a result it will always be subjected to fret buzz. Before I shell out cash to fix it I was wondering of the warranty covers something like this. I've sent an email to customer service and to the distributor about this matter last week but I have yet to get an answer from anyone. 

Pushead

What does he mean by tilted?  The ESP guitars are designed like the Gibson guitars with a neck angle.  If that's what he's talking about, find a new luthier.  If he can't properly setup a guitar with a neck angle, he shouldn't be taking money.

Now the guitar may need a fret level and re-crowning, but that's something he should have suggested to you.

Turtle m.

He's referring to this

http://youtu.be/_9Hb6oeGICg

Pushead

Yeah, a fret level and recrown will fix the issue.  Guy in the video needs a total refret, there likely isn't enough fret left for a new level and crown.

Around here it's a $60 to $80 job.

Turtle m.

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead but I'm still dealing with this issue. I've had the guitar setup twice since I last posted and guitar has not improved at all. I've had two solid luthiers try to set this thing up properly. I questioned the neck with another Luthier about my options including a re fret and he told me that it would improve the action but he was not certain how much better he could get it. A re fret will cost around $200.00. 

He told me that they should have done a better job setting the neck and that it papers to be a manufacturers defect

Is this something that I should address directly with ESP?  Is this something that the warranty would cover? 

I bought the guitar from an authorized dealer but it was purchased used.

here is a picture. This is the best I can get it before it starts to buzz like hell.

i did contact ESP about this about I was passed back and fourth from the distributor ESP and the retailer. I really felt that no one really wanted to take responsibility over this. I had a lot of personal and family problems over the last several months so I didn't push the issue  but things are better now and I would like to try to get this resolved. What is the best way to get this addressed.

here is a picture at the 12th fret showing the lowest I can go before its starts to buzz enough that it can be heard through the amp

Pushead

Sounds like it would be something covered in the warranty.  I'd definitely get in touch with ESP and share the issues you've discovered with your tech.  Let them know you'd be happy to take it to an authorized repair facility so they could have the guitar inspected.

If you're in the US, contact them at (800) 423-8388, and see what they can do for you. 

Post to Thread